The best of both worlds
By bennewing on
2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
I bought my S60R used with 63,000 miles and drove it 2,700 miles the first five days (a lot of travel). The car was comfortable, and I never felt tired after a long drive. The Comfort suspension setting does imitate a luxury ride, but make no mistake: this is a sports car attempting to give you a little more comfort if needed. The Volvo S60 R was made for the Sport suspension setting. This car is reliable, handles excellent, provides ample low to mid-range torque, and inspires confidence in the driver. For me: City 22mpg, Highway 28mpg. If you want to drive this car with a heavy foot, expect less. This car is the perfect balance between the daily driver and weekend warrior.
Favorite Features
The headlights are very bright and make the path ahead clear. On a sunny day, the moon roof is a great feature. The stereo system in this car is excellent. If you want to go deaf, you can accomplish it. The seats are comfortable and plush. The air conditioning system is excellent regardless of extreme cold temperatures. This car catches attention. It is race inspired and three classes above the ricers out there. It inspires jealousy in many. Last week alone, I had two people roll up beside me and gas it down the road ahead just to make themselves feel better. 0-60 with the automatic is 6 seconds flat. This car is an animal through the turns. Great car for the money!
Suggested Improvements
A wider front seat base. I'm 5'8" and 165 lbs. The seat base is a little narrow for my taste but still comfortable if I remove my wallet. A little more rear seat room for passengers. Comfort is a 3 out of 5 for guests 5'8" or under. The front seat backings do provide a recess for a little extra knee room for back seat passengers, but rear seat room is still a little on the cramped side. iPod connectivity needs improvement. The stereo will play songs in succession or at random, but it will not charge the iPod. The playlists cannot be selected. The center console needs improvement to relieve rattles and plastic creaking sounds. Owners can use felt to relieve these problems.