2006 Volvo S60 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Not the best, not the

2006 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Not the best, not the worst
By Hit-s60r on

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was sitting at a red light – behind 2 cars when a 27 year old woman (on the cell phone, looking over her shoulder) slammed into the back of me going 45, again I was at a dead stop. The impact sent me into the car ahead and broke my seat (Volvo safety design, break-away front seats). The Honda Insight which hit me square on the back bumper was totaled, and unless you looked at the rear deck of the Honda, you wouldn’t know what it was that hit me. The Volvo trunk, bumper was smashed back to the rear wheels and some damage was found in the bracing, not the frame. The car wasn’t totaled since the damage was about 24K and the value was north of 32K. The main thing was I walked away!

Favorite Features

Safety, chassis settings, 18s, high compression turbo, sounds from the exhaust with the windows down while passing a straining S4. Solid car – I’ll take getting spanked by a WRX, knowing I can keep up with one but live to tell about if I get hit. Dont race cars with 300hp real hp because you lose.

Suggested Improvements

Actually put out 300 hp it claims. I think it’s more like 275, rear leg room is less than the new s40s. How about losing the s60 and making an S40R, now that would be something!