Jack of All Trades
By spinner on
2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
I wanted a performance car, but my wife said I had to get a sedan. I initially looked at an STI, but figured I'd need a kidney transplant after a long trip. I'd never heard of the S60R, but when I learned about it, I found it fit my lifestyle to a "T". It's a sports car when I want it to be, and a people hauler when it needs to be. The trunk is surprisingly large. Passengers can't stop commenting on how supple the leather is. I can't wait to go to work in the morning because I get to drive my car there. I bet it'd be a kick on the racetrack...on/off ramps are a hoot. This is the best car I've ever owned. Almost as fast an S4 for 10-15 grand less.
Favorite Features
Selectable suspension settings, audio system, heated seats, AWD, defeatable stabilty control, rain sensing wipers, seat comfort, moonball shifter, 300hp/295lbft motor. Price--What a bargain!!
Suggested Improvements
Steering is a little vague with not enough feel for what the tires are doing. Seats could be ventilated as well as heated. Audio Aux input connection. More power to compete w/BMW, Audi, MB, and Lexus.