2006 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Better than my BMW

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Review

Better than my BMW
By JP on

2006 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is truly underrated. I traded in a BMW 330i equipped with both sport and premium packages. The S60 is not as quick off the line, nor does it handle as sharply as the 330i, but excels in every other way. More comfortable, quieter interior, better sound system, more efficient climate control and from my experience, a far better build quality. My back seat passengers are also happier with the room and comfort, along with the rear A/C vents. Driving long distance is effortless as you ride in complete comfort, cruising with the fastest traffic and getting 30 MPG. One thing this car does not do is draw unwanted attention. The S60 T5 may be the world's most perfect "stealth" vehicle.

The seats are fantastic. I can drive all day long for several hundred miles without fatigue. The best part is that no one suspects that the T5 can haul the mail as quickly and smoothly as it does. You can surprise drivers of Germany's favorite without much effort.

A tighter turning radius is my only desire. I also wish Volvo had more performance options and accessories available. Not that the S60 T5 needs it, but it sure would be fun.