2006 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (41 reviews )
No luck for me
By Sue on 01/19/06 20:56 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was trying to save a bit of money so after doing much research, I turned in my BMW for a Volvo. In 4 months time, I have had 3 tire blow outs, replaced a rim, had a faulty passanger airbag that does not work(the sensor had to be ordered since the car is so new) and my ipod adaptor broke. I was tired of spending more time at Volvo service than driving the car. I was fed up with all this happening with a 4 month old car. Today I happily traded the Volvo in for a BMW which I know will be reliable and I am extrememly happy with my decision and my new car.

Lightening Vault!
By visquci on 11/09/05 17:07 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After a long research Volvo S60R was never in my radar. However, it is the most well balanced car. It is like a japanese katana blade, it has a fierce power in the torque, horse power and the AWD really really HUGS the road. S60R is not only a fast car but the safest on the road. Volvo has finally stepped up in its foundation in safe now they are moving into speed. i love it when you turn on the car the turbo sound really speaks to me like its telling me to drive me FAST! i top this car at 138 i would had gone faster but didnt bother too. Well done Volvo you really impress me.

Good Driving
By Chris on 10/25/05 22:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fast and fun to drive. Handles like a real tight sports car. High performance. Like it better than the Acura TL the gas mileage is not good but has improved since the car is more broken in. (25 on the highway at 1800 miles).

Sleeper
By Acer on 10/20/05 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After a long research period and a slew of test drives (shucks) I finally selected the S60 R. My selection criteria were: 300 hp, AWD, and convertible; and I looked at GS300 AWD, G35 AWD, Z Roadster, M3, 330 xi, C55 AMG, SLK 350, WRX STi, and S4. None of the cars match all three criteria, but the S60 R did the best at the most affordable price. I also like the fact you don't see them everywhere like you would with a BMW. And aside from a few small "R"s there is nothing that readily identifies this Volvo as the hot rod version. The S60 R is the atheltic WRX STi that has grown up and wearing a suit and tie.

Safe and Fast
By Contaxian on 10/15/05 14:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After one initial problem with a connector for the 4C system, which was repaired very efficiently, this car is absolutely a joy to own. I put on a lot of highway mileage and am constantly surprised at the reserve of power available. Ramps and corners can be taken safely at speeds that would couse wrecks in other cars. The Canadian model comes with every option (except snow tires) that anyone needs or could want. I considered Audi, BMW and G35, but these cars just don't have the same power/safety per dollar value (the Audi and G35 are also very unattractive vehicles, in my opinion). BMW (M3)is too small, lacks 4WD, expensive to repair and more suitable for people who want snob appeal.

Fun to drive, good looking, really nice
By abjammin on 10/05/05 12:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Made a decision to purchase this car after evaluating it and several others. Very happy with my choice. BMW was nice but everything is a la carte. Volvo included all the features I needed/wanted in a beautiful pkg that's a blast to drive. Cool looking and very comfortable interior. Only warning is that the sport pkg skirts are very low and the steering in tight places - parking lots is not very tight. Once you get used to it, it's fine.

Two Strikes You Are Out
By Two Strikes Your Out on 09/07/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After 8 months and 11 service calls Volvo replaced my first S60R Lemon. The second S60R I received this year. I am sorry to say this car was also a lemon. The wheel bearings went out, rear tail lights went out, it burned 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles, the chassis started to loosen up after 6000 miles. I just got rid of the car and took a financial hit, but I was tired of driving a loaner more than the actual car. DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE (unless you want to know your service people very well)

Best Car I've Owned
By Janez Narojnak on 08/14/05 22:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Performance is astounding! 5.4 seconds to 60 with the stick, or 6.0 with the automatic. Great handling and tire grip. . 4-piston Brembo front and rear brakes stop on a dime. The BEST feature is the adjustable suspension, which has 3 positions: Comfort, Sport, amd Agreesive, which increase suspension stiffness and enhance handling further! And the agressive mode puts the transmission in the Sport mode, which inceases acceleration! Comfort, considering the 18" wheels, is very good, but don't expect the ride to be as soft as a Buick. Also, rear seat is a bit cramped. Just one more inch of leg room would help! Great reliabilty, great durability/build quality, and excellent value! Phenomenal car!

Wow Fast Euro on the Cheap.
By TTRx on 08/06/05 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

300 HP with a very stealth look. Makes the Nissan 265 HP Commercial look slow. I have had the car for a few weeks and can not overstate how great the fit and finish is. The first choice was safety (has too many airbags to list) and getting great performance what a bonus! I might look at the xc90 to replace my BMW X5!

Best sedan on paper and on the road
By sfoster on 07/28/05 23:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove many comparable sedans but could not get past the S60R's choice of features and performance. The car is a sleeper but still has an exclusive factor. 4-C suspension is great and the 6-speed is smooth. Truly nothing like it for the price (I got if for 9k under MSRP!) and performance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.