2006 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (41 reviews )
Almost Superb!
By Brnintx on 02/02/08 21:55 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I couldn't ask for a better everyday driving car. It fast, comfortable, and safe.

Volvo S60R, 2006
By Sheldon Rabin on 01/04/08 21:20 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This S60R has had chronic suspension and alignment problems such that all 4 tires were cupped after 6000 miles. Of the 4 tires, the right-rear tire has the worst cupping. Attempts by the dealer to fix problem were not initially pursued and are now reluctantly pursued. Ongoing

A dream Come True
By shadow on 01/29/07 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted this car for 4 years and Now I have one. There is no more car that even comes close value and performance wise.

By S60R_Boy on 12/19/06 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

It's true that this car is not quite in the same league as the Audi S4, BMW M3, and Mercedes C55. HOWEVER, for about $10,000 less than these German competitors, the Volvo S60R is an outstanding value. I just leased a 2007 model and got an amazing deal. A 36-month lease on an Audi S4, BMW M3, or Mercedes C55 would have cost me an additional $250 per month - not worth it in my opinion. The value proposition presented by the S60R was hard to pass up!

2006 S60R
By TA1GMB on 11/28/06 20:40 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had several Volvo's over the years and the S60R is by far the most fun to drive. Awesome power combined with control. Best car in its class for the money. If Volvo could only catch-up on interior design and make Navi a standard option, this car would be untouchable.

Everything I wanted
By Everything I wanted on 11/14/06 10:58 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car turned out to be all that and then some. A coworker owned one, but it wasn't until I saw it in Titanium Metallic that I had to buy it. Drop dead looks, in between size, uncommon ( you don't see yourself coming and going)

Discreet Fun
By FastCar on 11/05/06 22:50 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I looked at BMW, Audi, and MB, and by far the best power/quality/features combination for the money was the S60R. The car performs at its best with quality 93 octane gasoline. By quality I mean from Shell, Exxon, Chevron, etc., not Texaco, Citgo, etc. Any low quality gas or under 93 octane and you will have a non turbo S60 2.5L. Also, it is important to have the foot on the entire accelerator pedal for best results. City driving and hard acceleration now and then, yields 21-22 mpg. Almost nobody knows what is under the hood, so it is fun to see other drivers trying to race you from light to light and being left behind every single time.

Not just your average sophisticated look
By Satisfied Dad on 11/03/06 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I considered the S60R for over a year before I purchased. In fact, until I saw it in Grey I had decided to buy another brand. I AM SO HAPPY I DIDN'T. The car is unique to look at , you hardly see R on the road and anyone who's knows performance sedans is aware of what it can do head to head. My neighbor ended up ordering the new 300 Lexus with the 307hp motor. My car came in a week earlier then his, the look on his face said "I wish I had considered the R". It's hot to look at, performance is awesome, I get around 22 to 23 mpg mostly suburban driving and have racked up 7,000 miles already

Not the best, not the worst
By Hit-s60r on 09/08/06 21:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was sitting at a red light – behind 2 cars when a 27 year old woman (on the cell phone, looking over her shoulder) slammed into the back of me going 45, again I was at a dead stop. The impact sent me into the car ahead and broke my seat (Volvo safety design, break-away front seats). The Honda Insight which hit me square on the back bumper was totaled, and unless you looked at the rear deck of the Honda, you wouldn’t know what it was that hit me. The Volvo trunk, bumper was smashed back to the rear wheels and some damage was found in the bracing, not the frame. The car wasn’t totaled since the damage was about 24K and the value was north of 32K. The main thing was I walked away!

Peace of mind
By MyS60RRR on 07/22/06 07:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had a lot of cars over the years, but the Volvo S60 R sedan is probably the most fun to Drive and the safest. I traded in my Infiniti G35 coupe for the R car. I like being able to select my suspension setting from comfort (soft) to Advanced (Stiff) where you can feel not only feel the bumps in the road but also the cracks. The acceleration is outstanding. The car is also all wheel drive and will be useful in the winter.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.