Used 2006 Volvo S60 R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volvo S60 R

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (41 reviews )

The stealth car... Rather the car no one knows about.
By IntParty

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

was stunned when I test drove it and several moments told Gary the Carmax sales man." I like this I like it a lot, I think I'm going to take this home with me tonight." So I took it home. I have no problems with this vehicle other then the leg room in the back for passengers. But since I rarely ever drive anyone else it's no big problem.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, turbo, all wheel drive, 5 spoke rims, leather trim, intense 13 speaker surround sound.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius back leg room for other passengers.

Love it!
By Love it!

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought my (2007) R last week, but I can tell you I love it! The car is super powerful and extremely comfortable. It is a pleasure to drive and the Dolby Pro-Logic II stereo sounds great! So far, fuel mileage is much better than expected at about 22- 24mpg around town and 28-30mpg on the highway. My only complaint is the most common one amongst R owners: turning radius.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, impressive stereo, engine power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius.

S60R Best bang for my buck
By Steve D.

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this certified pre-owned and after only 1 week every expectation has been met. With only 22,000 miles car smells and drives like it just rolled off the assembly line. One issue I have is the summer OEM tires which are worn out. They're being replaced with Ultra-High Performance M+S Yokohoma's Advan S4. With a treadwear rating of 400 and rotation every 6,000 miles I should get approx. 40,000 - 50,000 miles out of these Yokohoma's) C4 Suspension settings >> Comfort, Sport and Advanced. I can go from a Lincoln Town Car ride (Comfort) to a race car ride (Advanced) with a touch of a button! By far the safest car on the road today

Favorite Features

C4 suspension settings. Volvo pre-owned certified 6 yrs 100,000 mile warranty which covers all labor and parts on practically everything. Warranty also has emergency roadside assistance; atacama leather seats, safety, awd, power, torque, ipod connector, 6 spd manual,

Suggested Improvements

Although the 'R" is a discontinued model, I would say All-Season OEM tires

2006 S60R
By Lily

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing! Surpassed my expectations. It's fast, comfortable, sleek, sporty, sexy. Too bad she can't be driven the way she's meant to be, which is way over the speed limit! Love shocking the guys when they see a woman behind the wheel just blew away their M3.

Favorite Features

GearTronic (the ability to shift to manual from auto trans), manual chassis settings, wheels, "R" labels

Suggested Improvements

More "cubbies" for sunglasses, loose change, etc.

Redefines "Sleeper"
By M Syd

2006 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

99.9% of the planet thinks Volvo is about safe, family style vehicles. But speed trumps safety if you slap an R badge on the boot! This car is the ultimate in sexy edge exterior design and endless creature comforts. Not seats, thrones! Iíve had the car for a little over two years now and everyday I canít wait to get inside! Especially now with a custom 3Ē turbo-back exhaust (solves your turbo lag problem BTW). ZERO maintenance issues save for the 2006 software gremlin that magically turns your R into a 240 DL. Great Fuel economy! Performance upgrades are spendy, but TRANSFORM the car into a track warrior (can you spell IPD.com?) I LOVE THIS CAR!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, Torque, beating up cars $15k+ more expensive!

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius. Volvo should have given us euro-spec lighting! Pedal spacing makes heel-toe pretty tough (for me)