2006 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Volvo S60 SE
By fredryk on 05/14/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Gorgeous and comfortable car that can suit anyone's needs. Powerful, spacious, suitable price.

No longer a big Volvo fan
By Rob on 03/05/10 12:22 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned and loved 5 Volvos including this one and an XC90 that we still have. I bought the 06 S60 with about 47k miles on it and as soon as the warranty expired, it was in the shop about every 6 weeks with $500- $1500 repairs. A/C compressor disintegrated, then a A/C o-ring blew out (all during July and August), the engine air flow sensor failed twice, front end needed frequent alignment, right front passenger window would go up and down without me doing anything, the radio wouldn't change stations some times. Traded it in after 9 months on a 2009 Saab 93.

Pretty Nice Sedan
By kurt on 07/27/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this used through a dealership specializing in 'low mileage/one owner cars'. The car is one owner- a leasee in a suburb of Chicago. As to low miles, the CarFax said 16,200 when I bought it so unless it was tampered with, that is what it was. This car excels on the highway; plenty of power, quiet, comfortable. In town it is a little less agreeable, mostly because the suspension is a bit more stiff than it should be. Mileage has been excellent for a car with this power- 24 in all-purpose driving, over 30mph strictly highway. Leather seats very comfortable, the radio is nice, auto climate control works great. No major complaints but overall the car is less luxurious than I desired.

My S60 Saved My Life
By Bill on 01/16/09 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

05 S60 AWD. Spun last weekend on black ice. No time to brake. 65mph into wire retaining guardrail. Absolutely no injury expect a glass shard in my hand. The retaining wires stopped 6 inches from my head. The EMTs, Police, Fire, Insurance Adjuster and Autobody man all stated. If you were in anything but a Volvo you would have been decapitated!! I pick up my used 06 S60 FWD next week. Don't opt for AWD, slight jack up in rear gives funky handling, less mileage, more to go wrong, and noticible front to rear and back power transfers.

Owner Remorse apparently "For Life"
By mnathan on 09/18/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

1st Volvo I've owned. Purchased new, touring/sport, leather, premium sound and appearance packages. Too many rattles at first, spare tire won't stay put and the fit/finish horrible. At 2 1/5 years and 50K small things self-destructing. Window motor switches faulty, sunroof shade guides broken and several interior harness and panel fasteners breaking. Dealer is not help and factory refuses to stand behind their product - unwilling to deliver customer care. Ready to dump it and not look back.

Company S60
By Tom on 11/25/07 14:20 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My company provided me the S60. If it were my money, I would not buy one. It is fine on highways with blistering acceleration and comfortable seats. The S60 is not good on curves and in corners -- its weight and vague steering adversely influence the handling. After 9500 miles, the only problem I have had is a loose passenger side door seal, fixed at the 7500 mile oil change service.

Volvo Lover
By Annette Ferrell on 04/20/07 07:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I searched many months for a car and my decision came down to the Volvo and the Acura TL. I love this Volvo - it's quick, FUN to drive, yet has a feeling of sophistication and sexy! This car feels like it's floating on the road - watch your speedometer - you'll be at 90 mph before you know it. This car is comfortable and well appointed. Leg room in the back is a little tight, but I rarely have rear passengers so no problem. I drive about 80% highway and consistently get 27-28 mpg.

New to Me
By Annapolis John on 03/02/07 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I did a lot of searching before buying this car. I've owned a BMW 5-Series and a MB E500. The S60 competes very well, without the snob factor and high price. I bought a Certified Pre-Owned and it looks brand new! Can't beat the price and the warranty. The dealership is great, so far. I'll add another post after I've had more experience with the car and dealer.

Just dumped my S60
By Mickey on 01/27/07 15:20 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I realized early that this car was not perfect. The driver's seat was uncomfortable, the turning radius must be almost 1/2 mile, the back seat is almost useless. But it handles well, has good power and is fairly good on gas so I kept it. 4 months later the odometer turned over 7500 miles and a written notice lights up on the instrument panel to announce that it is time for scheduled maintenance. I exceed the maintenance and frequency called for by Volvo ... but not at the dealer. I told the dealer when I got the car that I'd go elsewhere for service based on convenience. Now they tell me that they'll turn this notice off every 7500 miles for $40. Enoughs enough. Traded it 3 hours later

Best Decision I Ever Made
By Annette on 01/18/07 12:08 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I compared many car models including Acura, Lexus, and Volvo and researched for months. Buying this Volvo was the best decision I ever made. Not only is the car sleek and sexy but it is amazingly fun to drive. It has the subtle and streamline sophistication that I love. My highway commute is about 30 miles per day one way and driving this car makes it so much more enjoyable. Wood trim in the interior is nicely done in a rich dark wood, leather is fine quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.