Used 2006 Volvo S60 T5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

2006 S60 T5
By Case B.

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving this fine machine for a month now and think I have found the perfect car. Responsive, stylish, sporty and loaded up. The gas mileage really surprised me. I was told to expect about 24 mpg on average but have been at 27-28.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, power, fuel economy, options.

Suggested Improvements

Ipod jack/interphase, digital thermostat(s) for A/C, better radio reception (lose the built in window antenna).

A Truly Great Car
By Morris

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought car new in June of 07. I am in the insurance business and us the car for work and pleasure. It gets great gas mileage as I get 31 MPG consistently at 70 MPH and combined city and highway mileage is 23 mph. It is the smoothest riding car I have owned, and that includes two Audis. All my friends love the ride and my wife drives it every chance she gets. We were so impressed with it we bought the Volvo SUV for our family car. I bought this car to last me a long time and it appears it will do so with style and economy.

Favorite Features

Style and wheels with the T5 package along with the comfort and gas mileage. The car will get up and go when you need it to.

Suggested Improvements

Sharper turning radius.

I love this car
By chicagoangel

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in a 98 S70 with hesitation. I love this car. My husband loves to drive my car and he hated my S70. I only wish given the price of gas, it had better mileage. At the same time, I have gotten better mileage both city and highway than what is on the specs. Highway I get 32 mpg. It seems like Volvo listened to their customers in what they wanted/needed in their next generation Volvo. Now, all they need to do is get better gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, windows that go up and down with 1 touch. Flap in the trunk to prevent your stuff from sliding around. Much better than the net version other cars have. Radio controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

More light in the trunk. Bigger trunk (S70's was a much larger trunk and I do miss it)

Better than my BMW
By JP

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is truly underrated. I traded in a BMW 330i equipped with both sport and premium packages. The S60 is not as quick off the line, nor does it handle as sharply as the 330i, but excels in every other way. More comfortable, quieter interior, better sound system, more efficient climate control and from my experience, a far better build quality. My back seat passengers are also happier with the room and comfort, along with the rear A/C vents. Driving long distance is effortless as you ride in complete comfort, cruising with the fastest traffic and getting 30 MPG. One thing this car does not do is draw unwanted attention. The S60 T5 may be the world's most perfect "stealth" vehicle.

Favorite Features

The seats are fantastic. I can drive all day long for several hundred miles without fatigue. The best part is that no one suspects that the T5 can haul the mail as quickly and smoothly as it does. You can surprise drivers of Germany's favorite without much effort.

Suggested Improvements

A tighter turning radius is my only desire. I also wish Volvo had more performance options and accessories available. Not that the S60 T5 needs it, but it sure would be fun.

My Second T5
By Bob

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my first T5 but the second one is so much more. Now comes standard with sport supension, added the 4-C chaisis control with a 6 speed standard. This car has it all over the BMW 330 and costs less. In fact this T5 had more and was less than my 2003 model!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, home link and rain sensor wipers

Suggested Improvements

Clucth pedal should catch sooner.