Used 2006 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

10/10 Would buy again
By Grayson T

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This review is coming from a previous BMW 7 series owner. This car in short is reliable, safe, extremely comfortable, great on gas and more! I purchased this car at 163,000 miles. Right after i purchased the vehicle, i drove 12 hours straight, and i instantly noticed how comfortable the car is. The seats are great for long drives. It also is great on gas. Got 30 MPG on the highway doing about 80 most of the time, and about 24-26 MPG city. The stereo is amazing, i ussualy listen at hugh volumes and it handles it well. As far as overall reliability, it has been great! Only a few minor fixes. This car does have a few minor annoyances, like the wood steering wheel has started to crack at the top (just surface cracks), and there are a few rattles from the dash when small bumps are hit. Overall this car is amazing. It drives great, super easy steering, easy breaks, and it accelerates exceptionally. I would reccomend this car to anyone.

Ignored safety basically until it proved itself
By safety proved itself, unfortunately

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My vehicle was rear ended, and I mean a really hard force, and I thought it would be totaled, before I got out of my vehicle. Nope, just some damage to the rear bumper and side panels, and no body damage. The car took the force beautifully, keeping us occupants safe and unharmed. The S60 (even the older ones) are tanks. My EE husband was so impressed, he's getting a Volvo as well. The other car was probably totaled, but the lady walked away as well. It's all about physics, and my Volvo did excellent. My former car was also a Volvo, but I always gave safety lip service, until I truly need it. Bravo Volvo. The NTSB gave the S60 outstanding crash test marks.

top notch ride
By john p

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2006 s60 2.5t new. I now have 134,300 on it and it still drives and looks new. Volvo interiors hold up incredibly well, the seats stay comfortable and all components stay in place. True quality. The cars is great to drive, has smooth power great handling and comfort. Anyone looking at a used 2006 will be surprised and satisfied especially with the price you can pick one up for. Just over 140,000 now, new tires, shocks and brakes. Feels just like new.

Volvo S60 SE
By fredryk

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Gorgeous and comfortable car that can suit anyone's needs. Powerful, spacious, suitable price.

17 inch wheels. Chrome trims. Good quality leather.

Turning radius needs to be improved.

No longer a big Volvo fan
By Rob

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned and loved 5 Volvos including this one and an XC90 that we still have. I bought the 06 S60 with about 47k miles on it and as soon as the warranty expired, it was in the shop about every 6 weeks with $500- $1500 repairs. A/C compressor disintegrated, then a A/C o-ring blew out (all during July and August), the engine air flow sensor failed twice, front end needed frequent alignment, right front passenger window would go up and down without me doing anything, the radio wouldn't change stations some times. Traded it in after 9 months on a 2009 Saab 93.

Comfortable, good ride, great power.

Exterior styling is kind of dorky. Volvo reliability and quality seems to be waning in recent models.