2006 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Volvo S60 SE
By fredryk on 05/14/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Gorgeous and comfortable car that can suit anyone's needs. Powerful, spacious, suitable price.

No longer a big Volvo fan
By Rob on 03/05/10 12:22 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned and loved 5 Volvos including this one and an XC90 that we still have. I bought the 06 S60 with about 47k miles on it and as soon as the warranty expired, it was in the shop about every 6 weeks with $500- $1500 repairs. A/C compressor disintegrated, then a A/C o-ring blew out (all during July and August), the engine air flow sensor failed twice, front end needed frequent alignment, right front passenger window would go up and down without me doing anything, the radio wouldn't change stations some times. Traded it in after 9 months on a 2009 Saab 93.

Like My Volvo!
By collmm on 02/28/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S60 is reliable, comfortable and fun to drive. Both interior and exterior styling are sexy beautiful with nice fit and finish. Accelerates and brakes nicely. You really have to DRIVE this car on clover leaf type on/off ramps-the steering jerks and fights you all the way! Rear passengers (that can tolerate the limited leg room) complain of car sickness because the rear seating position is low and back end of car tends to roll when cornering. I've owned the car for 13 months-no repairs except for a broken gas cap (broke when removed to fill-up in very cold weather). Mileage could be improved as I'm averaging only 20.4 mpg (at least it runs on regular)!

Pretty Nice Sedan
By kurt on 07/27/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this used through a dealership specializing in 'low mileage/one owner cars'. The car is one owner- a leasee in a suburb of Chicago. As to low miles, the CarFax said 16,200 when I bought it so unless it was tampered with, that is what it was. This car excels on the highway; plenty of power, quiet, comfortable. In town it is a little less agreeable, mostly because the suspension is a bit more stiff than it should be. Mileage has been excellent for a car with this power- 24 in all-purpose driving, over 30mph strictly highway. Leather seats very comfortable, the radio is nice, auto climate control works great. No major complaints but overall the car is less luxurious than I desired.

2006 S60 T5
By Case B. on 05/12/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving this fine machine for a month now and think I have found the perfect car. Responsive, stylish, sporty and loaded up. The gas mileage really surprised me. I was told to expect about 24 mpg on average but have been at 27-28.

My S60 Saved My Life
By Bill on 01/16/09 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

05 S60 AWD. Spun last weekend on black ice. No time to brake. 65mph into wire retaining guardrail. Absolutely no injury expect a glass shard in my hand. The retaining wires stopped 6 inches from my head. The EMTs, Police, Fire, Insurance Adjuster and Autobody man all stated. If you were in anything but a Volvo you would have been decapitated!! I pick up my used 06 S60 FWD next week. Don't opt for AWD, slight jack up in rear gives funky handling, less mileage, more to go wrong, and noticible front to rear and back power transfers.

A Truly Great Car
By Morris on 12/26/08 10:54 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought car new in June of 07. I am in the insurance business and us the car for work and pleasure. It gets great gas mileage as I get 31 MPG consistently at 70 MPH and combined city and highway mileage is 23 mph. It is the smoothest riding car I have owned, and that includes two Audis. All my friends love the ride and my wife drives it every chance she gets. We were so impressed with it we bought the Volvo SUV for our family car. I bought this car to last me a long time and it appears it will do so with style and economy.

So Far, So Good!
By beaner on 11/14/08 11:39 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We were looking for an AWD sedan to replace our 9 year old Honda Accord. We didn't care for Subaru at all. All the other AWD sedans we considered came equipped with low-profile wheel rims, which are big trouble on pothole- strewn roads & frost heaves. We had some concerns about Volvo reliability, having owned Hondas for 20 years, but after 28 months and 32k, this car has been a pleasure to own. The 5 cylinder, turbo-charged engine provides plenty of pep when we need it. We would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Owner Remorse apparently "For Life"
By mnathan on 09/18/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

1st Volvo I've owned. Purchased new, touring/sport, leather, premium sound and appearance packages. Too many rattles at first, spare tire won't stay put and the fit/finish horrible. At 2 1/5 years and 50K small things self-destructing. Window motor switches faulty, sunroof shade guides broken and several interior harness and panel fasteners breaking. Dealer is not help and factory refuses to stand behind their product - unwilling to deliver customer care. Ready to dump it and not look back.

I cannot say enough about my S60
By volvoowner on 07/22/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I researched vehicles for three months on here, reading all the reviews and several makes and models before I purchased my S60. I love the way it handles and have turned heads every where I drive. I traded a 2003 Jaguar and have owned three BMWs before this car. I can not say enough about the style, drive and ride. I feel very safe in my car. The back seat is small and low on comfort but this is my every day driver. I have an SUV for the family. The only problem I have noticed in the sound factor. I can hear the tires on the road if the radio is off. I had it checked twice and Volvo told me it was normal. Other than that I recommend this vehicle. Good luck shopping!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.