2006 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Better than BMW or Mercedes
By dwightex on 06/16/14 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Really great car. I had a 2004, drove about 78000 miles over the 4 year lease. No problems (other than I scrapped the front fascia against a parking lot curb) Also, don't drive this car in heavy snow. even with snow tires, computer couldn't deal with 6" of new snow. Handling and acceleration is very satisfying. Seat is comfortable. Nav is okay. Sport and Comfort settings are great, stereo is great. Little back seat room but we never used the back seat

The best of both worlds
By bennewing on 03/13/12 00:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my S60R used with 63,000 miles and drove it 2,700 miles the first five days (a lot of travel). The car was comfortable, and I never felt tired after a long drive. The Comfort suspension setting does imitate a luxury ride, but make no mistake: this is a sports car attempting to give you a little more comfort if needed. The Volvo S60 R was made for the Sport suspension setting. This car is reliable, handles excellent, provides ample low to mid-range torque, and inspires confidence in the driver. For me: City 22mpg, Highway 28mpg. If you want to drive this car with a heavy foot, expect less. This car is the perfect balance between the daily driver and weekend warrior.

For a Type R Personality
By mooser on 12/27/11 21:49 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

In a matter of a second my fuel sipping, turbo spooling Saab, as well as my ego, plowed into a short bus. (Literally) A week later Saab went bust. After much deliberation, I picked up a 2006 S60R with a 100,000 warranty for $16k. This car is FAST and makes the noise of 1/2 a Lamborghini Gallardo. The adjustable suspension and stereo are amazing. This car does take some getting used to, however. I cannot start the engine without feeling as though it guzzled an 1/8th of a tank. The turning circle makes you think of Kirstie Alley trying to do gymnastics, when in a parking lot. Once you unleash it on the road however, all of that disappears as fast the cars in your rear view mirror.

Incredible Car for the Dollar
By texasbry on 11/13/11 15:55 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

original owner since 2006 I looked at all the usual names, Audi/BMW/Saab/Nissan but either they were more then I wanted to spend and even worse, every street is littered with them! Almost 6 years later I get into this car and still love it!

Disappointed With Car
By Lynne on 10/23/09 05:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this care when I gave my Nissan Altima to my daughter due to her car being totaled. I am totally disappointed with the care and am trading it in after only having it for less than two years. The turning radius is bad and the main problem is the alignment. I have had to buy two complete new sets of tires during that period. Last time was because I had a blowout on the highway. The alignment has to be redesigned so it isn't so sensitive to any bumps. Car definitely didn't live up to my expectations.

The stealth car... Rather the car no one knows about.
By IntParty on 12/05/08 17:40 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

was stunned when I test drove it and several moments told Gary the Carmax sales man." I like this I like it a lot, I think I'm going to take this home with me tonight." So I took it home. I have no problems with this vehicle other then the leg room in the back for passengers. But since I rarely ever drive anyone else it's no big problem.

Love it!
By Love it! on 09/08/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought my (2007) R last week, but I can tell you I love it! The car is super powerful and extremely comfortable. It is a pleasure to drive and the Dolby Pro-Logic II stereo sounds great! So far, fuel mileage is much better than expected at about 22- 24mpg around town and 28-30mpg on the highway. My only complaint is the most common one amongst R owners: turning radius.

S60R Best bang for my buck
By Steve D. on 07/23/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought this certified pre-owned and after only 1 week every expectation has been met. With only 22,000 miles car smells and drives like it just rolled off the assembly line. One issue I have is the summer OEM tires which are worn out. They're being replaced with Ultra-High Performance M+S Yokohoma's Advan S4. With a treadwear rating of 400 and rotation every 6,000 miles I should get approx. 40,000 - 50,000 miles out of these Yokohoma's) C4 Suspension settings >> Comfort, Sport and Advanced. I can go from a Lincoln Town Car ride (Comfort) to a race car ride (Advanced) with a touch of a button! By far the safest car on the road today

2006 S60R
By Lily on 06/10/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing! Surpassed my expectations. It's fast, comfortable, sleek, sporty, sexy. Too bad she can't be driven the way she's meant to be, which is way over the speed limit! Love shocking the guys when they see a woman behind the wheel just blew away their M3.

Redefines "Sleeper"
By M Syd on 04/28/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

99.9% of the planet thinks Volvo is about safe, family style vehicles. But speed trumps safety if you slap an R badge on the boot! This car is the ultimate in sexy edge exterior design and endless creature comforts. Not seats, thrones! I’ve had the car for a little over two years now and everyday I can’t wait to get inside! Especially now with a custom 3” turbo-back exhaust (solves your turbo lag problem BTW). ZERO maintenance issues save for the 2006 software gremlin that magically turns your R into a 240 DL. Great Fuel economy! Performance upgrades are spendy, but TRANSFORM the car into a track warrior (can you spell IPD.com?) I LOVE THIS CAR!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.