2006 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Better than BMW or Mercedes
By dwightex on 06/16/14 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Really great car. I had a 2004, drove about 78000 miles over the 4 year lease. No problems (other than I scrapped the front fascia against a parking lot curb) Also, don't drive this car in heavy snow. even with snow tires, computer couldn't deal with 6" of new snow. Handling and acceleration is very satisfying. Seat is comfortable. Nav is okay. Sport and Comfort settings are great, stereo is great. Little back seat room but we never used the back seat

The best of both worlds
By bennewing on 03/13/12 00:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my S60R used with 63,000 miles and drove it 2,700 miles the first five days (a lot of travel). The car was comfortable, and I never felt tired after a long drive. The Comfort suspension setting does imitate a luxury ride, but make no mistake: this is a sports car attempting to give you a little more comfort if needed. The Volvo S60 R was made for the Sport suspension setting. This car is reliable, handles excellent, provides ample low to mid-range torque, and inspires confidence in the driver. For me: City 22mpg, Highway 28mpg. If you want to drive this car with a heavy foot, expect less. This car is the perfect balance between the daily driver and weekend warrior.

For a Type R Personality
By mooser on 12/27/11 21:49 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

In a matter of a second my fuel sipping, turbo spooling Saab, as well as my ego, plowed into a short bus. (Literally) A week later Saab went bust. After much deliberation, I picked up a 2006 S60R with a 100,000 warranty for $16k. This car is FAST and makes the noise of 1/2 a Lamborghini Gallardo. The adjustable suspension and stereo are amazing. This car does take some getting used to, however. I cannot start the engine without feeling as though it guzzled an 1/8th of a tank. The turning circle makes you think of Kirstie Alley trying to do gymnastics, when in a parking lot. Once you unleash it on the road however, all of that disappears as fast the cars in your rear view mirror.

Incredible Car for the Dollar
By texasbry on 11/13/11 15:55 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

original owner since 2006 I looked at all the usual names, Audi/BMW/Saab/Nissan but either they were more then I wanted to spend and even worse, every street is littered with them! Almost 6 years later I get into this car and still love it!

Volvo S60 SE
By fredryk on 05/14/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Gorgeous and comfortable car that can suit anyone's needs. Powerful, spacious, suitable price.

No longer a big Volvo fan
By Rob on 03/05/10 12:22 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned and loved 5 Volvos including this one and an XC90 that we still have. I bought the 06 S60 with about 47k miles on it and as soon as the warranty expired, it was in the shop about every 6 weeks with $500- $1500 repairs. A/C compressor disintegrated, then a A/C o-ring blew out (all during July and August), the engine air flow sensor failed twice, front end needed frequent alignment, right front passenger window would go up and down without me doing anything, the radio wouldn't change stations some times. Traded it in after 9 months on a 2009 Saab 93.

Like My Volvo!
By collmm on 02/28/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S60 is reliable, comfortable and fun to drive. Both interior and exterior styling are sexy beautiful with nice fit and finish. Accelerates and brakes nicely. You really have to DRIVE this car on clover leaf type on/off ramps-the steering jerks and fights you all the way! Rear passengers (that can tolerate the limited leg room) complain of car sickness because the rear seating position is low and back end of car tends to roll when cornering. I've owned the car for 13 months-no repairs except for a broken gas cap (broke when removed to fill-up in very cold weather). Mileage could be improved as I'm averaging only 20.4 mpg (at least it runs on regular)!

Disappointed With Car
By Lynne on 10/23/09 05:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this care when I gave my Nissan Altima to my daughter due to her car being totaled. I am totally disappointed with the care and am trading it in after only having it for less than two years. The turning radius is bad and the main problem is the alignment. I have had to buy two complete new sets of tires during that period. Last time was because I had a blowout on the highway. The alignment has to be redesigned so it isn't so sensitive to any bumps. Car definitely didn't live up to my expectations.

Pretty Nice Sedan
By kurt on 07/27/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this used through a dealership specializing in 'low mileage/one owner cars'. The car is one owner- a leasee in a suburb of Chicago. As to low miles, the CarFax said 16,200 when I bought it so unless it was tampered with, that is what it was. This car excels on the highway; plenty of power, quiet, comfortable. In town it is a little less agreeable, mostly because the suspension is a bit more stiff than it should be. Mileage has been excellent for a car with this power- 24 in all-purpose driving, over 30mph strictly highway. Leather seats very comfortable, the radio is nice, auto climate control works great. No major complaints but overall the car is less luxurious than I desired.

2006 S60 T5
By Case B. on 05/12/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving this fine machine for a month now and think I have found the perfect car. Responsive, stylish, sporty and loaded up. The gas mileage really surprised me. I was told to expect about 24 mpg on average but have been at 27-28.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.