2005 Volvo S60 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - S60R - The Perfect Perfomance

2005 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

S60R - The Perfect Perfomance Sedan
By da60015 on

2005 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Having already been impressed for over three years with my S60 2.5T, I welcomed the opportunity to test drive the S60R. This was following test drives of comparable BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac models. Safety and the comfort for a 6 foot plus adult being a given, the power and handling of the "R" exceeded even my expectations. I have not had this much fun since my Corvette. The car hangs tough with my friends' Porsches and MBs on our monthly country outings into the backroads of Wisconsin.

Favorite Features

The comfort and convenience of the "cockpit," the acceleration - especially at speeds over fifty, the cornering is awesome - perfectly flat at higher speeds than I willing to admit and just a great "feel" of the the road - no steering play whatsoever.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing critical. A different 18" performance wheel/tire combo that presents more tire than wheel to a curb; add a cassette player and improve the premium sound system at least one notch; and extend the hood to cover the wipers.