2005 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Eats Beamers & Benzes For Lunc

2005 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2.5T Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

Eats Beamers & Benzes For Lunch!
By Will on

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After test driving the Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor and the BMW 325i I was reluctant to test drive the Volvo S60. The exterior styling is on the conservative side but is very attractive to the eye with better fit and finish than it's German Counterparts. With the premium package the interior definitely impresses though it does lack the small details of the Mercedes. That being said the safety features make you forget about the gizmos of the German cars. During the test drive I was impressed with the 2.5 L Turbo and the vehicle's handling. So much that my wife said I was grinning ear-to-ear the whole time. I don't know what the Editors are talking about but this car is a blast to drive!

The 2.5L 5 cylinder turbo, comfortable seats, exterior approach lighting and most important of all the safety features (Though I haven't used them)!

Make Homelink a standard feature. Increase interior plastic component quality of construction. With 6000 miles on the car, the console squeaks where my knee rests, not a major issue but unacceptable for this level of car. Good thing is that Volvo has agreed to fix under warranty.