Used 2005 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

S-60 accolades
By Russell Williams

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first but certainly not my last Volvo...they have come a long way from the boxy types of earlier years. Not only is this car fun to drive, it is also drop-dead gorgeous. Solid, quiet and just plain perfect. I drove BMW as well as Mercedes Benz and none of them compare to my S-60.

Eats Beamers & Benzes For Lunch!
By Will

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After test driving the Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor and the BMW 325i I was reluctant to test drive the Volvo S60. The exterior styling is on the conservative side but is very attractive to the eye with better fit and finish than it's German Counterparts. With the premium package the interior definitely impresses though it does lack the small details of the Mercedes. That being said the safety features make you forget about the gizmos of the German cars. During the test drive I was impressed with the 2.5 L Turbo and the vehicle's handling. So much that my wife said I was grinning ear-to-ear the whole time. I don't know what the Editors are talking about but this car is a blast to drive!

Favorite Features

The 2.5L 5 cylinder turbo, comfortable seats, exterior approach lighting and most important of all the safety features (Though I haven't used them)!

Suggested Improvements

Make Homelink a standard feature. Increase interior plastic component quality of construction. With 6000 miles on the car, the console squeaks where my knee rests, not a major issue but unacceptable for this level of car. Good thing is that Volvo has agreed to fix under warranty.

I'm enjoying my new Volvo
By RLevy32

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had my Volvo for six months now and I enjoy every minute that I have driven. It's comfortable and very classy looking. It performs surprising well for a 5 cylinder auto. I got about 28 mpg on a trip from L.A. area to Phoenix area. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but I think it's worth it. Also the navigation system is great.

Favorite Features

Navigation system

Suggested Improvements

None.

damn nice car
By wes

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

never owned a volvo..image thing, til i drove a friends..wow. this 2.5t really scoots and my wife loves the nav system. if there was one complaint, and it's mild, it;s the turning circle. I had a back operation almost 2 yrs ago, these seats allow me to drive for hours! never thought i could do that again. love the performance and brakes

Favorite Features

the solidness of the chassis and the navigation system is excellent

Suggested Improvements

better turning circle

Stylish and Safe
By Kim

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have been longing for the S60 ever since it first came out. I jumped the gun and bought the S40 in 2000, and was not too happy with it. I did not stray from the Volvo family, in 2004 I traded in the S40 for the S60. So far I could not be happier. The look and style of the car is sporty yet classy. I do not have the turbo, yet it had definitely got a lot of pep to it. Not so quick out of the gate, but on highway, really nice ride. I am a fan and would reco. this car to others. Now, I have my eyes on the S80...the plan is to keep upgrading!

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance, large driver and passanger seats, very roomy, solid/heavy feeling car, titled dash towards the driver, memory seats, pebble type leather.

Suggested Improvements

quicker speed when going from stop to start, tighter turning (does not turn on a dime at all), bigger glove box, power passanger seat should be a standard.