2005 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )
Moving Out
By bruce ulrich on 06/24/05 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've got the 6-speed manual R version which are extremely rare- found only two in the entire L.A. metropolitan area- 100 miles in all directions! Only complaint so far (I've only driven it 1,000 miles) is that it has a tremendous thirst for gas and I'm not racing in the quarter mile on a daily basis! I'm told it improves as the engine gets more broken in-I certainly hope so. 16.5 miles per gal. avg.-

sleeper
By sleeper on 06/20/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The S60R with spoilers is gorgeous! The interior luxurious. It smells great, and it feels wonderful. The lumbar and the enveloping feeling of the seats feels comfortable and supportive at the same time. The 300 hp is unbelievable. Smooth transitions, nimble, yet stable, and quiet. The roar is not quite a BMW roar, but it is not bad either. It is a fun car to drive........Husband says it reminds him of his C4 because the all wheel drive is similar.

Fun Sedan
By BlazinBob on 06/17/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car. I got the Premium, touring and sport packages on mine as well as the "geartronic" trans. Plenty of power, handles GREAT, Sporty car and safe too! Not much room in the back, but it's plenty for the kids and they have their own AC vents back there. Seats are very supportive and comfortable. Lots of neat little features like if the wife uses her key to lock the car, the driver's seat and side mirrors remember their positions and return to her settings when she uses her remote again. Auto down AND Up on the front windows. They also have an obstruction safety that will automatically reverse the window if it encounters an obstacle while being raised. My second Volvo.

Two Strikes Your Out
By Not Satisfied on 06/06/05 17:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After 8 months and 11 service calls Volvo replaced my first S60R Lemon. The second S60R I recieved in 9/2004. I am sorry to say this car was also a lemon. The wheel bearings went out, rear tail lights went out, it burned 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles, the chasis started to loosen up after 6000 miles. I just got rid of the car and took a financial hit, but I was tired of driving a loaner more than the actual car. DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE (unless you want to know your service people very well)

The R-evolution!
By Brian L on 05/27/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After looking at the Audi A4, Bmw 3 series and Saab 9-5 I decided to go with the Volvo S60R and man was I right! This car handles like a dream, has great power off the line and the seats are unbelievable. My relatives all own Audi's & BMW's and were extremely impressed when I let them test drive my "R". I had the car ordered from Sweden and it only took 4 weeks to be delivered. I recommend purchasing the "sport body kit" as it lowers the ground clearence for less wind resistance and also for a real sporty look. I've only owned the car 1 month and had 10 people comment on the style. What's best is many other European cars will not know what this car can do so let them try, then gas it!

Poor dealer service
By Rob Erb on 05/18/05 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The vehicle itself is fantastic, very quick and the 6 speed manual is the only way to go. It has a bit of a rough ride and a very low profile but is an exceptional piece of work. Beware of the wide turn radius on u-turns or in garages, it is more work than my last SUV. The bi-xenon headlights were adjusted wrong and it took me 3 days at the dealership to get it right, now I can actuially see at night.

Blast of Fun
By Padilla on 05/09/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a get up and go vehicle and is totally different than the traditional Volvo. With the flexibility in performance choices, this car is a lot of fun to drive and change the suspension at the push of a button! Go Get One! What are you waiting for?

2005 S60R: Great "Sleeper" car
By ACowabunga on 05/07/05 00:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After owning a 2001 S60T5, I knew that the R would be a step up in performance. I wasn't disappointed in my purchase. The R has everything I enjoyed from my T5 plus more. I love the blue gauges and the ability to change the shock dampeners on the fly. I do not regret my purchase at all.

S60R - The Perfect Perfomance Sedan
By da60015 on 04/30/05 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Having already been impressed for over three years with my S60 2.5T, I welcomed the opportunity to test drive the S60R. This was following test drives of comparable BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac models. Safety and the comfort for a 6 foot plus adult being a given, the power and handling of the "R" exceeded even my expectations. I have not had this much fun since my Corvette. The car hangs tough with my friends' Porsches and MBs on our monthly country outings into the backroads of Wisconsin.

A lemon of a car!
By ddd on 04/28/05 18:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Thankfully I was able to return this vehicle under CA lemon law. In 12 months I had taken it in for brake squeak/squeal on 7 separate occasions. Tried euro spec pads, update US pads, deglazing rotors, etc. No fix worked. What good is a stealthy car if everyone around you is staring because of the HORRIBLE squeal from the brakes. Trust me, on many occasions I had to roll up my window because I couldn't stand the noise! And on top of all that, the Service Manager had the guts to tell me, "well all brakes squeak; its part of normal day-to-day sounds of a working car" To their credit, Volvo paid me back in full less $433 of accrued costs through ~1,000mi when I first reported the problem)