2005 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
love my S60
By lovemynewcar on 12/26/04 15:19 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall, I love my new car. Although, I had a tire blowout before I had it a week. A truck through something up and punctured a tire. The roadside assistance was wonderful. They sent someone to change the tire and I was back on the road in about 50 min.

I Love My Volvo
By ronde1962 on 12/10/04 21:33 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I had a 1997 Lexus ES300 and it was a great car. After the Lexus, I purchased an Infiniti G35 Coupe, which was fun to drive, but very uncomfortable, and a terrible car to do the commute to work everyday. I wanted to go back to a sedan, but also wanted something a little sporty. I feel as though the new Lexus ES 330 looks like a tub. I also checked out sedans from Mercedes-Benz and BMW, but they were way too expensive. Then I looked at the Acura TL which was nice, but it had cheesy fake wood and didn't have an upscale feel to it. Finally I tried the Volvo S60. As soon as I drove it I knew I was going to buy it. It is the perfect combination of sport and luxury! Its seats are so comfortable. It has a great sound system, AWD, and a beautiful leather and walnut interior. Do yourself a favor and check this car out!

Near Lemon 2004 Volvo S60R
By drrjb on 12/05/04 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

From the begining this car had problems. The radio never kept tuned in, the turning radius is horrible the brakes squeeked and the trany slipped in second. After 15 months I excahnged this car with some money for a new 2005 model S60R. So far the problems are fixed but it was a long ordeal

I've enjoyed it
By Ethesis on 12/01/04 20:43 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've really enjoyed it, on the price to fun ratio, especially at $7k off list, I'm very pleased.

My Volvo
By TammiPagnotta on 11/30/04 13:55 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The only thing i don't like about my car is it gets stuck in the snow, other then that its a great car.

"Professional" reviewers are harsh
By jpetrelli on 11/30/04 12:41 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The S60 is a very solid vehicle, with a few drawacks. If you are not ready for a 5 series (or equivalent) and beyond the 3 series, there are few alternatives that compare with the S60. The ride is great, the styling is solid and Volvo design touches are like none other. On the negative side, the fuel economy in the city could be better (I get 14- 17 unless I seriously monitor my acceleration), the back seat has limited leg room and I don't know what they were thinking with the key placement. The highway mpg (Over 30 mpg if driven smoothly) and interior comfort make getting in this car for a road trip a real pleasure.

Car of a Lifetime
By AGIS_I on 11/16/04 16:32 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is an outstanding car. Great accelaration both from a stop and cruising. Unbelievable handling in any kind of weather. Breaks just as good as my high perfomance sport motorcycle. If you are going to buy one car for the rest of your life, THIS IS IT!!!

Excellent!
By johnnyknox on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have just bought my car and I greatly enjoy the feel of the car. I greatly enjoy the trust I have in my car and I experience an exuberance not felt with previous cars that I owned. The volvo is fantastic!

my volvos60r
By djayselinger on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

fun to drive . great pick up. driven jaguar , mercedes and bmw. having the most fun with this special car. and most of all car is unassuming. no one knows whats under the hood.

Fun in Sweden
By warran on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

picked car up at the factory, drove in Sweden and Norway 850 miles in two weeks,fun car, easy to drive, built for the open road.