Used 2005 Volvo S60 T5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Fun to drive, with a few design quirks
By PJ

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this as a certified preowned, and have loved it ever since. While there definitely is some turbo lag and torque steer when you punch it, it's still pretty darn quick. Just make sure you hold the steering wheel tightly when you floor it. The seats are so comfortable in the front, but the back seats need more leg room for my two kids. I love the simplicity of all the Volvo controls, but some need changing. The heated seats should turn off automatically when you turn off the car. Also, the door lock button only has one button for both lock and unlock. It should have one for each. Finally, the key fob has a slight delay, and my kids are always a bit too quick on the doors.

Favorite Features

Seats, power, surround audio system, overall ease and simpicity of driving.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is the worst! My Expedition turns circles around it. Improve gas mileage. Why does teh factory recommend premium gas when every Volvo dealer tells me regular in any Volvo is OK? Just to get their estimated MPG up?

Wow, This T5 is Awesome
By Patrick

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I flew to Houston to pick this baby up. It was a two day trip home and I couldn't wait to get behind the wheel the second day. I've never felt seats so comfortable. Some road noise is heard from the wide tires and rough patches are felt through the steering but that's to be expected from a sports type sedan. This car is solid, not one rattle or squeak. The steering is tight. I notice no real turbo lag and if there is any, the car makes up for it quickly. Punch it at highway speed and you'll have no trouble passing just about anything. For $995 you can upgrade the ECU and increase the hp from 257 to 318 and the torque from 258 to 328. This car is fun, fast and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, Navigation, Fuel economy for the power, Safety Features, Stereo, Fast Fast Fast

Suggested Improvements

Can't really think of any, but then again, I've only owned it for a couple of weeks and I still have a grin on my face.

Love my S60 2.5T
By Ronee

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Handled like a dream on the Autobahn. Back in the states, on our "POOR" roads and weather conditions, the S60 2.5T holds the road. For a car with a short wheel base, one hardly feels the bumps. I would recomend this car to anyone at any age. Volvo's slogan- "Volvo for Life" is right, it's the only brand I will ever own.

Favorite Features

The large trunk, as I can carry 2 golf bags & luggage. The fold down back seat & center arm rest, even fits a 6' Lacrosse stick.

Suggested Improvements

Blind stop when you just can't use your mirrors. Hard to look over passenger.

excellent
By steve g

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I looked at Acura TL and BMW 330. This car beats them both in performance and comfort. The T5 is amazingly fast and the handling is great. The front seats are sooo comfortable. The available IPOD adapter works great with the excellent stereo system.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling with speed sensitive steering, stereo with IPOD adapter

Suggested Improvements

turning radius

Great car!!!!!!
By Chan

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Awesome car, great pickup. Good ride, comfortable yet sporty and a very "tight" feel to the steering. Sticks to the road like glue! AWD great in the snow. Love the extras and the heated seats a must have for cold climates, forget that for all climates it is like getting a backrub on the way home from work. This car mellows you out after a long day at the office!!!

Favorite Features

Heated seats and mirrors, rain sensors.

Suggested Improvements

Litlle more room in the back.