Used 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

One Sweet Ride!
By Mike C.

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I did a lot of research before deciding on the Volvo S60. I now know, after just 3 weeks, that I definitely made the right choice! This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. The plush leather seats just suck you right in. The driver and passenger areas are very roomy and comfortable. The back seats have no leg room, but that's not an issue with me. I've found the climate control system to be quite nice. My wife always likes it cooler than me, so the dual zone feature is perfect for us. The performance is awesome! I've heard others complain of turbo lag, but I don't get it. The low pressure turbo responds very quickly, so I don't experience any lag at all. I love this car!

The seats! The performance - no turbo lag (especially compared to the 06 Passat I traded in for this). The looks - very European-looking. The dual-zone climate control system.

Improve the turning radius.

Great personal car
By dsensing

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car for a commuter or a couple. Very smooth ride and I get 30 mpg on the interstate, better than the Camry this car replaced. All the power I need (2.5T). Best front seats in the business, bar none. Back seat good for kids only; adults can tolerate only if front seats are moved well forward. Good sized trunk. I've had no probs with long steering radius reported in other posts. Best long-range cruiser there is, period, better than Infiniti, BMW or Mercedes I've owned. Very secure driving experience, feels like I'm driving a fast bank vault on wheels. Appearance is very handsome (ruby red ext. with tan leather int., very nice combination). I am very satisfied.

Driveability, power, ride quality, solidity, comfort in front, ergonomic design for driver's station, fuel economy, great sounding radio. Did I mention power? Overall design very appealing. Great looking paint job.

AM receiver stinks - large static on all channels. Rear visibility not very good, needs larger outside mirrors to compensate. Inside mirror should be auto-dim at this price point. More back seat leg room would be great. Tire selection important 4 best handling. Car's virtues far outweigh its vices.

Decent Car for price range
By Dan

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Issues I have with the car is that the steering radius is the worst I've ever experienced, visibility from driver's seat isn't the greatest due to car's design that causes blind spots, can't select specific songs to be played on iPod, mileage for city driving is poor (I get about 180-200 miles per tank). Very basic interior, so I purchased for a wood trim kit in an attempt to give it a little luxury. Steering on my car is pretty tight (which I like), but I've driven other S60s that had way too much power assist. Evidently something about the model I have made it tight, thankfully. If the 3 series BMW had front wheel drive, and the rear seats folded, I would have bought it instead.

Front wheel drive, folding rear seats, not pretentious, decent warranty, relatively safe, decent trunk space, relatively comfortable front seats, I like the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Enhance turning radius, add some luxury to interior, allow full use of iPod functions, correct blind spots, improve fuel efficiency.

Love this car
By MH

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car. It is fun to drive. It is a comfortable, good looking car. The inside is a little small but I really like the looks (inside and out), the performance, and reliability. The interior wood grain is really nice. I would buy this car again and out of all the cars that I have owned, this is the only car I can say that about.

I love the comfortable leather heated seats. I love the interior wood grain. I like having the radio controls on the steering wheel. I like all the standard safety features; I feel safer in this car than in most others.

Increase the interior size. Improve the wind noise when the sun roof is opened. My 6 foot tall husband says that the slant of the front windshield causes a glare affect for him. That is it, everything else is great.

Volvo strikes success again!
By LOVE THE S60!

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We had a 1999 S70 GLT and currently have a 2004 XC90. We traded in a 2005 Saab for as 2005 S60T this past weekend, and love the car. Feels heavy, handles well, and we expect it will be very safe and reliable. We have had an excellent track record with our Volvo purchases. My wife likes the car better than the Mercedes C240 we had (before the Saab), and hopefully it will be OUT of the shop much more than the Mercedes. Gets better mileage than the Saab we had (both were turbos) or the Mercedes.

Design (interior and exterior), safety, reliability, gas mileage, quality of leather, "creature features". Excellent pick-up when accelerating, handles and brakes great. Great value for the money.

Turning radius (but this is better than the radius for the 2004 XC90). Need handle/button/lever to open the trunk from inside the car, without using the remote. Ours doesn't have "homelink" which I wish was standard.