2005 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
One Sweet Ride!
By Mike C. on 07/17/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I did a lot of research before deciding on the Volvo S60. I now know, after just 3 weeks, that I definitely made the right choice! This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. The plush leather seats just suck you right in. The driver and passenger areas are very roomy and comfortable. The back seats have no leg room, but that's not an issue with me. I've found the climate control system to be quite nice. My wife always likes it cooler than me, so the dual zone feature is perfect for us. The performance is awesome! I've heard others complain of turbo lag, but I don't get it. The low pressure turbo responds very quickly, so I don't experience any lag at all. I love this car!

Great personal car
By dsensing on 12/19/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car for a commuter or a couple. Very smooth ride and I get 30 mpg on the interstate, better than the Camry this car replaced. All the power I need (2.5T). Best front seats in the business, bar none. Back seat good for kids only; adults can tolerate only if front seats are moved well forward. Good sized trunk. I've had no probs with long steering radius reported in other posts. Best long-range cruiser there is, period, better than Infiniti, BMW or Mercedes I've owned. Very secure driving experience, feels like I'm driving a fast bank vault on wheels. Appearance is very handsome (ruby red ext. with tan leather int., very nice combination). I am very satisfied.

Decent Car for price range
By Dan on 12/08/07 20:38 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Issues I have with the car is that the steering radius is the worst I've ever experienced, visibility from driver's seat isn't the greatest due to car's design that causes blind spots, can't select specific songs to be played on iPod, mileage for city driving is poor (I get about 180-200 miles per tank). Very basic interior, so I purchased for a wood trim kit in an attempt to give it a little luxury. Steering on my car is pretty tight (which I like), but I've driven other S60s that had way too much power assist. Evidently something about the model I have made it tight, thankfully. If the 3 series BMW had front wheel drive, and the rear seats folded, I would have bought it instead.

Love this car
By MH on 09/13/07 12:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car. It is fun to drive. It is a comfortable, good looking car. The inside is a little small but I really like the looks (inside and out), the performance, and reliability. The interior wood grain is really nice. I would buy this car again and out of all the cars that I have owned, this is the only car I can say that about.

Volvo strikes success again!
By LOVE THE S60! on 12/20/06 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We had a 1999 S70 GLT and currently have a 2004 XC90. We traded in a 2005 Saab for as 2005 S60T this past weekend, and love the car. Feels heavy, handles well, and we expect it will be very safe and reliable. We have had an excellent track record with our Volvo purchases. My wife likes the car better than the Mercedes C240 we had (before the Saab), and hopefully it will be OUT of the shop much more than the Mercedes. Gets better mileage than the Saab we had (both were turbos) or the Mercedes.

Good performance- poor design-interior
By David Draaisma on 09/19/06 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

It has great acceleration & handling. Nice sporty look. My wife loves the car, I would look else where mainly because of the interior design and options. I am 6’ 1”, on long trips the arm rests are not comfortable. It does not feel like they are positioned correctly. Power seat on driver side works with the key out. Passenger power seat does NOT work with the key off. Big pain when cleaning car. Nice stereo system. 2 levels of FM settings. Two step process to change FM levels where most stereos systems you can do it in one. Very distracting when you are driving. Do not plan on having 4 people in the car unless they are children. Two adults will not be able to fit in the back. No leg room.

Standard Safety Features
By Scott C. Wadley on 04/05/06 00:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This vehicle is very appealing from outside to inside. The features are very distinctive and attractive.

Volvo S60 2.5t
By Lysa on 10/27/05 01:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just bought my volvo. I LOVE IT!!! The only problem I have is control. It gets a bit squirrely when you put the pedal to the metal.

Great Car
By TH on 10/18/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I went from an SUV (Lexus RX300) to this car, and I've really enjoyed it. It drives very smooth, has good pick- up and great interior features. I got the navigation system, which I absolutely love- very easy to use, and I highly recommend it. The upgraded sound system has great sound as well. It's a great looking car. The worst part is the horrific turning radius, but you get used to it.

bought 2005 2.5T in November 2004
By 05' S60 2.5T on 09/14/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is mostly my wife's car and we both like it a lot. Seats are the best and interior features are great and easy to use. Gas mileage around 24- 25 around town and 28-30 on long highway trips and it uses regular gas which at $3+/gl is a huge plus. It is more affordable than comparable Euro Sedans and has been a joy to own so far. I opted for the FWD model because the sport seats in the AWD we saw were not as comfortable and I think the seating comfort makes this car special.