Used 2005 Volvo S60 2.4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

2005 S60
By BC Volvo driver

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Overall, a great car. Fun to drive, very comfortable. Luxury interior with the leather package, great options. Nice sound system. Feels like a luxury sedan - a joy to drive. Small enough to get around easily in city, fits into small parking spaces.

Favorite Features

Leather seats very comfortable, great for highway trips (as long as it's for 2 only), a lot of fun in the mountains. Very quiet, even in city driving.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat very little legroom, trunk quite small. The only maintenance problem is a "change bulb" message coming on almost all the time. Otherwise very little unplanned maintenance issues. Need more / better cup holders. Needs supreme gas - costly.

fun to drive
By Dave Carraghan

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

the s60 is an extremely comfortable car to travel in...very responsive...handles and brakes well...it is designed with the driver in mind...

Favorite Features

style, comfort, reliability and safety..

Suggested Improvements

cannot think of any physical improvements except that volvo increase the scheduled maintenence program

S60 is the car to have
By Rick

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

WOW! This is the best purchase that I have done. I feel extremly safe and if I had the money I would buy another volvo for my wife. One of the reason's that I bought this car is for its safety feaures.

Favorite Features

The interrior is extremly classy

Suggested Improvements

None!

2004 volvo s60 after 8000 miles
By douglass

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We are very happy with the non turbo S60 California version Volvo. Sport seats, 17" tires, 5 sp auto, etc. Looks good, runs good, quick on take off, fits my 6'5" frame, built like a tank, good decision, and it is owned by Ford so we dont feel bad sending jobs off shore.

Favorite Features

well built lots of room for a tall driver

Suggested Improvements

none yet

Stylish and Safe
By Kim

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have been longing for the S60 ever since it first came out. I jumped the gun and bought the S40 in 2000, and was not too happy with it. I did not stray from the Volvo family, in 2004 I traded in the S40 for the S60. So far I could not be happier. The look and style of the car is sporty yet classy. I do not have the turbo, yet it had definitely got a lot of pep to it. Not so quick out of the gate, but on highway, really nice ride. I am a fan and would reco. this car to others. Now, I have my eyes on the S80...the plan is to keep upgrading!

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance, large driver and passanger seats, very roomy, solid/heavy feeling car, titled dash towards the driver, memory seats, pebble type leather.

Suggested Improvements

quicker speed when going from stop to start, tighter turning (does not turn on a dime at all), bigger glove box, power passanger seat should be a standard.