2005 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
2005 S60
By BC Volvo driver on 10/22/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Overall, a great car. Fun to drive, very comfortable. Luxury interior with the leather package, great options. Nice sound system. Feels like a luxury sedan - a joy to drive. Small enough to get around easily in city, fits into small parking spaces.

fun to drive
By Dave Carraghan on 09/01/06 05:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

the s60 is an extremely comfortable car to travel in...very responsive...handles and brakes well...it is designed with the driver in mind...

S60 is the car to have
By Rick on 07/10/05 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

WOW! This is the best purchase that I have done. I feel extremly safe and if I had the money I would buy another volvo for my wife. One of the reason's that I bought this car is for its safety feaures.

2004 volvo s60 after 8000 miles
By douglass on 06/28/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We are very happy with the non turbo S60 California version Volvo. Sport seats, 17" tires, 5 sp auto, etc. Looks good, runs good, quick on take off, fits my 6'5" frame, built like a tank, good decision, and it is owned by Ford so we dont feel bad sending jobs off shore.

Stylish and Safe
By Kim on 03/11/05 17:02 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have been longing for the S60 ever since it first came out. I jumped the gun and bought the S40 in 2000, and was not too happy with it. I did not stray from the Volvo family, in 2004 I traded in the S40 for the S60. So far I could not be happier. The look and style of the car is sporty yet classy. I do not have the turbo, yet it had definitely got a lot of pep to it. Not so quick out of the gate, but on highway, really nice ride. I am a fan and would reco. this car to others. Now, I have my eyes on the S80...the plan is to keep upgrading!

Only serious complaint
By raymac8563 on 02/27/05 17:20 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Have you ever tried to see what station is on your radio on a bright sunny day? Mission impossible. Same for the temperature and time. Very poor design I think. As comfortable and better handling than the Lincoln.

Solid, comfortable, but not perfect
By eh_clark on 02/09/05 23:44 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

When Volvo first introduced the S60 in 2001, I was very impressed but considered such a car to be out of my reach. However, when the Ford Ranger started to show signs of impending doom, I started looking for something a little more roomy, comfortable and efficient. Luckily, I found an add special and got a great deal on a base model (whose standard features exceed my "loaded" Pontiac). So far it has been a very quiet, reliable, COMFORTABLE, and reasonably effecient car. If it would have had fog lights, it would be perfect. Obviously, I would like a turbo and AWD, but really couldn't afford it.

my 7th volvo,,
By c w e on 02/09/05 07:01 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 7th Volvo from the same dealer.. with the fantastic combination car, service and sales there does not seem to be much competition for this car. I drive 20,000 miles a year and remain happy with the comfort, safety, design,space, gas mileage and reliability of this auto. The only amazing thing is that everyone does not own one of these cars. I cannot say enough great things for Volvo.

2005 S60 2.4 - My First Volvo
By DOUGLASS on 01/05/05 11:53 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My new 2005 Volvo S60 2.4 is a solid, well built sedan. There seems to have been a big improvement in styling and features since Ford purchased Volvo. This car is as good as my daughter's BMW for a lot less money.

My Volvo
By TammiPagnotta on 11/30/04 13:55 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The only thing i don't like about my car is it gets stuck in the snow, other then that its a great car.