Used 2005 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Review 2005 S60
By zawinul

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Best car I have owned...the car is smooth no wobble from the front end tracks very good, it is a pleasure to drive.... would I buy another Volvo... yes. I do take very good care of my vehicles I pride myself on that... if the car breaks down it wont be from neglect. when you want to sell your vehicle show the service records... can't argue about price with a maintained vehicle.

the whole car... 6 years later the car is very tight and solid.

road noise could be lower... but not an issue, thats just me.

Sometimes Newer doesn't mean better!
By volvo4ever97

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Newer doesn't mean better! Today I got to test drive a shinny black Volvo S60 model 2005 AWD. (After my recent service prices engaged on our 97 Volvo 850GLT my wife suggested we get a newer car and make monthly payments with full warranties 4 peace of mind) anyhow the 05 S60AWD is very fast/peppy. AWD holds excellent traction in wet/slushy/snowy roads, but not the car for me. Why? Our present Volvo has enough leg-room in the back for 2 adults to sit in while the front occupants are comfy, the S60 has a gap of 4 inches from edge of back seat to back of front seat. Nice car for a little man/woman and maybe babies in the back seat, not for Volvo's advertised 5 passenger (adults).

AWD excellent traction on wet/slushy/snowy roads. Do remember readers, AWD is just that should you try to romp on it on ice, no amount of 4x4/AWD or 20 wheels will help.

S60 would be a great mid-range Volvo, if the interior design could comfortably hold 5 adults not 2 and 3 babies. I hope for the present years and beyond they fixed that issue. If S80 is after all the Flagship, the S60 should have been the Model 850 of yesteryear. I own a 850 GLT has all sorts of room for passengers in the back seat. And the 850 is not a 960 (Flagship of yesteryear).

AWD
By Martin

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased the S60 in 2008 since it was one of the few sedans offering AWD which I need in the winter. I loved this car since my first drive and almost 2 years later, still am extremely happy. May be the best vehicle I have owned and I'm 65 years old. I would seriously consider purchasing another S60 again. I received excellent service from the dealership. It came with an expended 100k miles, 6 yr warranty which has already paid dividends

Road assistance. I had to use it twice for a flat tire and battery recharge (my fault).

Turning ratio is not very good. Also, seems to have issues with bulbs and messages that certain bulb positions are not working.

One Sweet Ride!
By Mike C.

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I did a lot of research before deciding on the Volvo S60. I now know, after just 3 weeks, that I definitely made the right choice! This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. The plush leather seats just suck you right in. The driver and passenger areas are very roomy and comfortable. The back seats have no leg room, but that's not an issue with me. I've found the climate control system to be quite nice. My wife always likes it cooler than me, so the dual zone feature is perfect for us. The performance is awesome! I've heard others complain of turbo lag, but I don't get it. The low pressure turbo responds very quickly, so I don't experience any lag at all. I love this car!

The seats! The performance - no turbo lag (especially compared to the 06 Passat I traded in for this). The looks - very European-looking. The dual-zone climate control system.

Improve the turning radius.

Great personal car
By dsensing

2005 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car for a commuter or a couple. Very smooth ride and I get 30 mpg on the interstate, better than the Camry this car replaced. All the power I need (2.5T). Best front seats in the business, bar none. Back seat good for kids only; adults can tolerate only if front seats are moved well forward. Good sized trunk. I've had no probs with long steering radius reported in other posts. Best long-range cruiser there is, period, better than Infiniti, BMW or Mercedes I've owned. Very secure driving experience, feels like I'm driving a fast bank vault on wheels. Appearance is very handsome (ruby red ext. with tan leather int., very nice combination). I am very satisfied.

Driveability, power, ride quality, solidity, comfort in front, ergonomic design for driver's station, fuel economy, great sounding radio. Did I mention power? Overall design very appealing. Great looking paint job.

AM receiver stinks - large static on all channels. Rear visibility not very good, needs larger outside mirrors to compensate. Inside mirror should be auto-dim at this price point. More back seat leg room would be great. Tire selection important 4 best handling. Car's virtues far outweigh its vices.