Used 2005 Volvo S60 R R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volvo S60 R

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )

Funnest car I've owned yet!
By Justin

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a 24 year old college grad that needed a car that had curb appeal, but performance! I owned a 2003 S60 2.5t AWD but had found this car being traded in by the last owner when I was changing the oil! It's my best purchase yet to date. I have the areo ground effects package with 18 inch rims. I did a few performance upgrades and tunes, so it's definitely not stock. I'm pushing 438 at all wheels however I have 487 torque! Runs 11 seconds all day long. Great sleeper!

Favorite Features

Great trunk space. The handling scares my girlfriend and gives me the thrills! The comfort level of the seats are outstanding! However my favorite are the brakes. If there is an issue take your feet off the clutch and gas and slam then down on the brakes and they will react! Outstanding car!

Suggested Improvements

Back seat interior stinks

Original Owner
By Rick

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok so I have only put 7000 miles on this car in three years yet all the time I enjoyed every minute of it. The first S60 R I owned in 2004 was a lemon and returned then I got this one the metallic green with atacanda leather and every option. This car is fast and furious and drives better than my 75 Corvette by far. I'll never get rid of it. I have had almost zero problems.

Favorite Features

Front bucket seats and engine

Suggested Improvements

A little more clearance on the ground effects and better turn radius

Good buy, Great car
By marky mark

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car! I am only 18 but I love my parents for getting me it, what can I say, were a volvo family. My dad has the s80 and the s60r brings the sport back to volvo. I also have an 2000 s70 glt which is fun, but doesnt compare. I only wish I had gotten manual.... except in those traffic jams

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable. None of my friends can believe a volvo is that fast. I love the turbo and the 300 horsepower. The suspension is excellent as well.

Suggested Improvements

Leg room in the back.... they should have made it a two door cause none of my friends can get in. The aero kit isn't very reliable, already replaced two front bumpers, poorly bolted.

Going back to BMW
By Back to BMW

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Never intended to buy a Volvo but wound up buying this one. I do like the acceleration. The brakes have already been replaced due to squeaking and are doing it again! Had to replace very expensive tires at 20,000 miles! Multi CD player skips and was replaced with another one that does the same thing. Back seat doesn't have any leg room when drivers seat is set at a comfortable setting for me at 5'8". Could maybe fit a baby car seat behind it as there is only about 3" between front and back seat. This car is next to impossible to park with its horrible turning radius! My husband's truck turns and parks much better than this tank!

Favorite Features

Turbo engine

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius is terrible! Only have 24,000 miles on this car and have already had to replace the tires and brakes. I have only put on about 1500 miles on the new brakes and they already squeak!! CD player skips even though the dealer "says" they replaced with new one..."new" one skips too!

Tire Problems
By Schulmani

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my '05 R certified with 25k miles and loved it until I had to replace all four high performance summer tires (it was covered by certification) then again 2k miles later (not covered by certification). Ugh! So buyer beware the sensitivity of the front suspension and tire wear. Other than that this is a great car - under the radar and superfast. Great performance with volvo safety - if only it was more reliable.

Favorite Features

Performance. Interior. Design.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius. Reliabilty.