2005 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Review 2005 S60
By zawinul on 12/03/11 09:17 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Best car I have owned...the car is smooth no wobble from the front end tracks very good, it is a pleasure to drive.... would I buy another Volvo... yes. I do take very good care of my vehicles I pride myself on that... if the car breaks down it wont be from neglect. when you want to sell your vehicle show the service records... can't argue about price with a maintained vehicle.

Sometimes Newer doesn't mean better!
By volvo4ever97 on 12/21/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Newer doesn't mean better! Today I got to test drive a shinny black Volvo S60 model 2005 AWD. (After my recent service prices engaged on our 97 Volvo 850GLT my wife suggested we get a newer car and make monthly payments with full warranties 4 peace of mind) anyhow the 05 S60AWD is very fast/peppy. AWD holds excellent traction in wet/slushy/snowy roads, but not the car for me. Why? Our present Volvo has enough leg-room in the back for 2 adults to sit in while the front occupants are comfy, the S60 has a gap of 4 inches from edge of back seat to back of front seat. Nice car for a little man/woman and maybe babies in the back seat, not for Volvo's advertised 5 passenger (adults).

AWD
By Martin on 09/21/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased the S60 in 2008 since it was one of the few sedans offering AWD which I need in the winter. I loved this car since my first drive and almost 2 years later, still am extremely happy. May be the best vehicle I have owned and I'm 65 years old. I would seriously consider purchasing another S60 again. I received excellent service from the dealership. It came with an expended 100k miles, 6 yr warranty which has already paid dividends

One Sweet Ride!
By Mike C. on 07/17/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I did a lot of research before deciding on the Volvo S60. I now know, after just 3 weeks, that I definitely made the right choice! This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. The plush leather seats just suck you right in. The driver and passenger areas are very roomy and comfortable. The back seats have no leg room, but that's not an issue with me. I've found the climate control system to be quite nice. My wife always likes it cooler than me, so the dual zone feature is perfect for us. The performance is awesome! I've heard others complain of turbo lag, but I don't get it. The low pressure turbo responds very quickly, so I don't experience any lag at all. I love this car!

Great personal car
By dsensing on 12/19/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car for a commuter or a couple. Very smooth ride and I get 30 mpg on the interstate, better than the Camry this car replaced. All the power I need (2.5T). Best front seats in the business, bar none. Back seat good for kids only; adults can tolerate only if front seats are moved well forward. Good sized trunk. I've had no probs with long steering radius reported in other posts. Best long-range cruiser there is, period, better than Infiniti, BMW or Mercedes I've owned. Very secure driving experience, feels like I'm driving a fast bank vault on wheels. Appearance is very handsome (ruby red ext. with tan leather int., very nice combination). I am very satisfied.

Fun to drive, with a few design quirks
By PJ on 10/22/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this as a certified preowned, and have loved it ever since. While there definitely is some turbo lag and torque steer when you punch it, it's still pretty darn quick. Just make sure you hold the steering wheel tightly when you floor it. The seats are so comfortable in the front, but the back seats need more leg room for my two kids. I love the simplicity of all the Volvo controls, but some need changing. The heated seats should turn off automatically when you turn off the car. Also, the door lock button only has one button for both lock and unlock. It should have one for each. Finally, the key fob has a slight delay, and my kids are always a bit too quick on the doors.

Funnest car I've owned yet!
By Justin on 10/20/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a 24 year old college grad that needed a car that had curb appeal, but performance! I owned a 2003 S60 2.5t AWD but had found this car being traded in by the last owner when I was changing the oil! It's my best purchase yet to date. I have the areo ground effects package with 18 inch rims. I did a few performance upgrades and tunes, so it's definitely not stock. I'm pushing 438 at all wheels however I have 487 torque! Runs 11 seconds all day long. Great sleeper!

Pre-owned S60 with 31,000 miles
By Lincoln224 on 07/06/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car in Honolulu, HI with 31,000 miles. I love the Lunar gold paint and the tinted windows. The AWD seems heavy and solid throughout the suspension, the acceleration is OK, the turbo seems to suddenly kick in and push me back into my seat.

Original Owner
By Rick on 05/14/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok so I have only put 7000 miles on this car in three years yet all the time I enjoyed every minute of it. The first S60 R I owned in 2004 was a lemon and returned then I got this one the metallic green with atacanda leather and every option. This car is fast and furious and drives better than my 75 Corvette by far. I'll never get rid of it. I have had almost zero problems.

The One!
By James D on 03/03/08 21:11 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car had me literally standing in the doorway to my garage shaking my head in disbelief. I never thought I would find a car with the comfort, power, style and the ability to handle Colorado weather rolled into one car! It is definitely a "sleeper"! I don't think the person next to you at the light thinks they could be smoked by a Volvo. It says "family" on the outside and "open me up!" from the inside. This car is extremely fun to drive, undisputably comfortable seats, the best I have ever been in. It looks gorgeous (Nautica Blue) w/o being pretentious and has all the necessary features one would expect from this class of vehicle. I plan to keep this car for my 3 yr. old when she gets older!