2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Volvo for life is true

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2004 Volvo S60

Volvo for life is true
By SMPM on

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My S60 was a fleet vehicle w/low miles. I averaged 36 mpg hwy driving the car back home cross-country. The car is safe, solid - it's not nimble like my old A4 or current Jetta, but solid. If I hit anything with this car, I will either push it out of the way or run over it - that's the feeling this car's drive quality has - heavy, solid, secure. Ergonomics on this car are superb. The seating is heaven and safety-blessed with the WHPS system. I have the 2.4L engine, and while I don't drag race, I know I have reasonable passing power. I drive this car like a hybrid - slow off the start, no wasted fuel, moderate braking on stops, and I average around 26/27mpg in urban driving.

Interior seating and ergonomics. Multiple safety features and built-in redundancy. My rear tail light failed, but there is a secondary bulb in the taillight that continues to illuminate until you get a replacement. This illustrates Volvo's philosophy of safety. Love the aerodynamics of this car.

Larger stock wheels. I'm going to upgrade to 17" wheels eventually (with sacrifice of gas mileage). I miss the automatic door locking feature from my Jetta - what a gripe, right? I must remember to lock this car manually when inside.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review