2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Off to a good start

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

Off to a good start
By kjessen on

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I received my 2.5 turbo awd on Dec 15,2003. It was great timing with a good snow storm coming the next night. I went out at midnight to drive up and down the unplowed hills in this part of Wisconsin and was amazed at the cars ability to just go where I wanted it to go with out any real effort. I took a quick cruise to Detroit and back (averaging about 78 mph going along with flow of the crazy drivers around Chicago and across Michigan) It was extremely comfortable and secure feeling. It has taken me a little while to get used to the "turbo lag" in city street driving. So far (about 5000 miles) it has been totally without defect or problem.

The feature that tickled me the most that I was unaware of was the large "i- bolt" in the tool kit that can screw into either the front or rear bumper and serve to attach a cable to tow or pull a stuck vehicle. In the last ice storm both my daughter and wife got stuck.

This is really picky but I miss an on board compass and a change holder that is more functional for the toll booths.