Performance with a Smile
By Terzo on
2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
I was looking for a reliable, fun and safe car that wasn't a gas hog and could be driven year round. The Volvo S60R was definitely it. I looked at the Audi S4, the Acura TL and many others. None could compare to the R. It has 3 different suspension settings that actually make a huge difference in handling. It has plenty of power and a huge torgue band. I am getting about 23 miles to the gallon with some highway driving. However if you are on it (throttle) and I mean on it (like racing from 40mph to 120mph with turns and a lot of brakingyou will on get about 12. The brakes are unreal. The interior quality is execptional. The features just keep on giving. Awesome car & mileage too.
Favorite Features
The best features are the brakes, engine and suspension settings. No other car that I know offers all three. The car handles like it is on rails. Some other favs are the AWD and the button to lower the rear head rest for a better rear view. Oh yeah it averages about 23MPG too.
Suggested Improvements
Turning radius is the only downfall, however if that is the only negative then I'll take it all day.