Great but not perfect
By ChampaignBlue on
2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
I love this car. Awesome value. Great blend of a high performance sedan and family truckster. Get the manual tranny. The car is awesome in the snow but do get some snow tires. This car will run with Audi/BMW/MB for less $. I love the variable suspension. Unlike an M3, it won't shake your teeth loose in daily commuting. I love the subtle exterior styling. I have had problems with brake squeal and have already had new brake pads (free). I have scuffed 3/4 of the rims at drive throughs. The radio is a bit too complex to operate. The clutch is a bit springy and engages a bit too high. It took a few weeks before I got used to the clutch.
Favorite Features
Seats are awesome and extremely comfortable on long drives. Car is unique compared with the ubiquetous BMW/Audi/MB. Variable suspension. Please get the manual transmission. Snow tires a must in Midwest.
Suggested Improvements
Turning radius is horrible. 6 CD player rather than 4 like my old Acura. Steering is vague at low speeds-less power assist at low speeds. Can't get cell phone service for the on-call phone. (No AT&T service in Champaign) Engine sound is not as lovely as an M3 or MB AMG.