2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Excellent Performance and Buil

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

R Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Excellent Performance and Build Quality
By Leo - Rochester, MI on

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've gotten the car for about a month and only can say I'm very happy with the performance and brinsky acceleration of the car. The engine is very strong and feels much bigger due to the high low end torque. No turbo lag experienced even when loaded in stop and go city driving. The powerful response at higher speeds is simply unmatched for sedans of its class. No torque steering and perfect handling at all conditions. Fuel mileage can hurt when driven at high performance mode. Marvelous brakes and tight feeling manual transmission.

Favorite Features

The active suspension with 3 sets levels is excellent. I can take my companions for a soft ride in Comfort but like the default Performace for everyday driving. The Advanced mode turns it into a GT car, which I use to beat BMW M3 drivers of less ability (assuming M3 a bit faster).

Suggested Improvements

Cabin space needs improvement. I'm 6'4" and would appreciate the B-pillar back by 2-3". That would be more comfortable and safer if side impacts (even w/curtain airbag). Door to provide more elbow room in elbow-rest position. Leg space in the back seat needs another 2".