2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Daddy needs some speed

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

R Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Daddy needs some speed
By Santosrjr on

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a performance sedan that can give me the thrill of high performance sport car, the safety of a family sedan and the advantage to drive it all seasons. I test drove the Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, Jaguar X & S Type, Infiniti G35x, Lexus IS300 and BMW 330XI. I didnít have the opportunity to test drive the S60R however; I read all reviews on this vehicle and decided to take the chance on it. I brought the vehicle thru military sales and believe me; waiting for it was worth it. Excellent AWD handling, adjustable suspension, 6 speed, 300HP, comfortable seats, safety and good dry and wet road performance.

Favorite Features

AWD, 300HP, adjustable suspension, great acceleration, smooth ride, seats, leather, DSTC, stereo system, blue metallic guage & brembo brakes. I love this car. The best thing about it, I don't think everyone knows the true preformance of this car until they see my tail light. LOL

Suggested Improvements

Poor turn in radius, poor gas mileage, however who cares when your're kicking another cars butt on the highway. Would like to see auto lock once the car is in motion. Brakes system squeak a lot. Brembo brakes system with vent/drills rotors would look better.