Beloved Car, great investment.
By ccolli17 on
2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
The 2004 Volvo S60 was my first Volvo, and will not be my last. It is my strong belief that the car has saved my life twice, and has also had minimal problems, especially for someone as hard on cars as I am. I bought the car in 2008 with only 28,000k on it, and put 89,000k on it in a 3-year time frame (117,000 k by 2012). The car withstood 2 minor accidents and 2 major accidents. During the time I owned the car, I replaced a fuel sensor that was a factory recall, one battery, one break job, tires when necessary, and all other replacements were due to car accidents- pretty amazing for 89,000k miles of use.
Favorite Features
At about 65 MPH I hydroplaned due to a truck driver cutting me off on the interstate while loosing control of his trailer (I-16 in rural GA). The accident caused me to spin out of control over four lanes of traffic, meeting traffic on the opposite side of the interstate, and fortunately I was not hit. The car received no major damage, the muffler had to be resituated, and I walked away with out a scratch A month ago my S60 was totaled, but saved my life, and the lives of two small children (ages 3 and 6) who were in the backseat of my car. While stopped at a red light, a Ford F250 pickup with a frontal brush-guard rammed into the back of my car at about 55mph, totaling the car.
Suggested Improvements
Problems I experiences with the car were minor or cosmetic. The cup-holder was broken when I bought the car, and every other S60 near this year range that I test-drove appeared to have the same problem. I also had a problem with bulbs burning out quickly, but later found out it was my own fault for purchasing cheap bulbs from places like advanced auto parts, and replacing them my self. Only have the dealership replace lights if you purchase this vehicle. If not, cheap inexpensive lights will burn out your wiring because they are far too powerful for the sensitive sensors. Check engine light comes on if gas cap is not tightened to full extent. common problem, simple solution.