After 24,000 miles...
By GV3 on
2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)
...glad to report this is a great car. I purchased my 2.4 at the end of the 04 model year from my dealer's service fleet. In the two years I've owned it, it has been completely trouble free; the only $ I have spent is on oil changes. Front seat comfort is outstanding, although rear seating is a bit tight. Not a fast car in terms of 0-60 acceleration, but not slow, either; mid-range acceleration when passing or merging is quite good. Ergonomics are terrific. My other car is a BMW 3-series, which frankly is more fun to drive, but the Volvo's comfort is the choice of my wife and I for a longer trip. I traded a C-class for the Volvo, and feel we traded up in comfort and reliability.
Favorite Features
Great front seats, decent trunk, sportier handling and mid-range speed than you might expect. Lots of features for the money. Reliability has been flawless. Volvo certified warranty. 33mpg on the highway on regular gas!
Suggested Improvements
Wish it had a bit more rear seat room. Won't win any drag racing; if 0-60 is what you want, look for the turbo.