A Realistic Review
By 1st European Car on
2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
I bought this car looking for an AWD sedan that was good on gas, fun to drive and affordable. After a long search, I settled on the Volvo. I've probably read over 15 editorial reviews, scoured consumer feedback, etc. on this car, and owned it for about a week now, so here is the deal. Reviewers say this car is not the most luxurious, not the fastest nor has the best design. However, it does do all of these things very well, so I think it's the best value of any domestic or Euro sedan. It's extremely comfortable, fast enough and holds the road well, without the hefty price tag of a BMW or Lexus. I love this car, and received a lot of compliments in the short time I've owned it.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable seats, excellent ergonomics and controls. Plus, I love the Euro features that most American cars don't have, such as the rear window defrost blower and rear fog light. The AWD is extremely capable (used it in snow and rain already) on dry and wet surfaces. It's just a fun car.
Suggested Improvements
Small back seat, but I knew that before buying. Combined city/hwy fuel economy could be better (avg 21.5), but my hwy is about 30 so I can't complain. Also, the lugnuts have rusted, but I'm told this is very common to Volvo and Saab and dealer is getting me caps for them. Still a great buy so far.