2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Ergo Zoom!
By womangolf on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just purchased this car from Garden State Volvo in Manasquan NJ who with David, my salesman gave me an amazing deal. I also own a Porsche Boxter but needed a winter car with AWD because of where I live. Much to my surprise this car goes like the devil! It must be the automotive industry's best kept secret, a safe, reliable car that goes way fast I have owned BMW's, Mercedes and Porsches and this is among my favorite! I can see a speeding ticket in my future

Not really a Volvo
By John Henry on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Volvo - safe, functional cars, right? Well, not really with the S60. Yes it is a fun car to drive, but is this any different than the S40? No, would suggest not spending extra for this car. Seems as if Volvo lost sight of what Volvo stands for. Sure has great handling on perfect road conditions. Get some bad weather though, and look out, big time problems. Finding out safety record is disappointing - another non-Volvo feature. Forget using back seat - this really should be a coupe, not a sedan.

Love it!!
By keving on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I had a 2002 S60 2.4T until I totaled it a month ago. Bought a new 2004 S60 2.5T and this vehicle is even better than the previous one. If you're going to buy one, the Prem & Sports pkgs are a must otherwise this car is blah, blah, blah. Handling has been improved with the suspension being tightened up resulting in less body roll in hard corners. The engine has a bit more punch with better 0-60 times than a lot of vehicles in this class (esp for the $$). Sleek design, comfortable, with plenty of punch. Never had a single problem with my previous S60 (had it for 2 yrs).

Great to Drive My Wife's Car
By Miner on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We'r letting our daughters use our stalwart 240 wagon at university. My wife wanted Toyota, Subaru maybe Honda, but not BMer, Mercedes, or Jag. Maintenance is concern. I drive Suburban and Ferrari. Volvo is great to run around town and highway is fine. Sport package and turbo helps. Mileage is ok--22. Steering is safe but not Ferrari. Breaks good. Sweet car!

bold & strong
By raizin on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

car feels strong, very quuiet --low road noise, the backside of the front seats is cut in to allow slightly more leg room in the back, car can be loaded with safety features. I enjoy the "W" (wet drive) function, STC (stability control). Just wish car was standard with all wheel drive.

S 60 Rocks
By apple1715 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Quality in everything I have touched. Great Acceleration and Braking.

Volvofan
By RQ on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Much better car than the 02 S40 it replaced, hands down! Better quality control would be nice but overall a great, safe ride. Inexpensive insurance compared to BMW, Lexus and Benz.

S-60 Feeling Safe
By Dr.- Dr. on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Love it!

Vacation plus new car
By Volvofan on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 4th Volvo (since 1984), we picked up this one in Sweden,using a free flight from Volvo. Put on 2500 miles in Europe before shipping it back to CA (at Volvo expense.) Sure beats a rental car. My current Volvo is a 1988 240DL, which still runs fine--very reliable.

Exceeding Expectations
By Camster on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our first Volvo. I had thought that I would never own a Volvo due to their older, boxy models that did not appeal to me. But their newer, current models caught my attention, and when we test drove the S-60 we were quite impressed. To get a comprable car with the plush interior and performance engine, such as BMW or Mercedes, you'd have to pay about $10K more. Alternatively, you could get an Accura TL which is comprable in price, performance and size, but it looks and feels cheap compared to the Volvo S- 60.