Used 2004 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

So Far So good
By Bodiej13

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car for my wife after she looked at BMW 3 series and MB 230. We've put about 5K miles on it so far with no problems at all to date. The only negative things I can say is the turning radius sucks and the suspension is a bit noisy on bumpy roads. Other than that no complaints. Didn't like the noisy 4 banger on the MB and it seemed smaller. The BMW was the most fun but with similar options would have been 5-8K more and everybody has one.

Favorite Features

Most comfortable seats Unique styling. Price (titanium gray metallic,2.5T, prem. and sports pkg. $29K even

Suggested Improvements

better turning radius quiter suspension

Sporty, Luxury Sedan
By Randy Tibbs

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is absolutely solid, very quick and responsive, with its 200 horsepower engine. I really like the AWD in the snow. I got every package/option possible and glad I did. The brakes are really firm and stops the vehicle quickly and evenly. I have owned Cadillacs, Lincolns, Land Rovers and Mercedes. None of them compare in quality, fit and finish. The first time I had the car washed, the attendant said, "this car looks hot, just standing still." This is a great car, but it is really for two people, or maybe two people and a grandson.

Favorite Features

Style, leather interior, braking, AWD, and engine power.

Suggested Improvements

Move the front cupholders forward a little.

S60 T5 is great on highways
By volvo_md

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

We also considered competitors with manual tranny: BMW 330, Acura TSX, Saab 9-3 vector, Lexus IS300. Quite happy with s60t5's looks, acceleration, handling and stability at high speeds, and comfort. Main grouses: wide turning radius; a little ponderous at low speeds that affects driving in stop-and- go traffic. If we had valued driving dynamics above all else we would have gone for the 330. Otherwise, T5 is a good package of performance, handling, safety and ride quality.

Favorite Features

Powerful turbo engine producing great acceleration for passing, exterior design, seat comfort, ride quality, stability at high speeds

Suggested Improvements

Reduce turning radius; improve on somewhat heavy handling at low speed; manual gear shifting should be crisper (compare bmw 3-series)

volvo
By enzo

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car is very safe, enjoyable but i just don't fell the ability to peel out- -go rip the tires or go fast. I love the car but, i would rather prefer a subaru impreza or maybe a different volvo or a bmw but, I enjoy this car a lot also.

Favorite Features

I like the design turning and interior seats. Also, the ride quality and able to relax since it is not loud

Suggested Improvements

Amke a louder version and a high performance version or package also.

OUTSTANDING 2004 VOLVO S60 2.5T AWD
By CHIEF13

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I HAVE RESEACHED THIS MODEL FOR TWO YEARS PLUS, AND WHEN THE 2004 VOLVO S60 2.5T AWD BECAME AVAILABLE I JUST HAD TO UPGRADE FROM MY THEN NEWLY PURCHASED 1997 VOLVO 850 SEDAN MODEL OF SEVEN YEARS. BOTH CARS WERE FULLY LOADED. STRONGLY SUPPORT THE VOLVO CARS. THINK SAFE AND BUY VOLVO CARS.

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING .... ESPECIALLY THE EXTERIOR BODY DESIGN. EVERYTHING INSIDE AND OUT. WOW, WHAT A MARVEL OF A IMPORT. ... GREAT BUY DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR.

Suggested Improvements

N/A.