2004 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (117 reviews )
I love this car!
By Happy_dadhusband on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Tight steering, excellent breaking, much more enjoyable to drive than the Mercedes E320 AWD or the BMW 330xi. Could use a little more room in the back seat. Pleanty of trunk space. For a luxury-sports car this is one of the nicest I've driven

This is not your father's Volvo!
By Justaguy on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

What an incredible car. I looked for a car for over 2 years and have finally found my "mid-life crisis" car. Great accelleration, no problem with the automatic transmission, beautiful interior (I got the alcama leather), unbelievable sound system. A real pleasure to drive. The Nav-system takes some getting used to (not quite as user friendly as others) but once mastered it is quite functional.

Fun, Fun, Fast and Furious
By miklos on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I took delivery through the military sales program. What a major discount! Certainly makes it worthwhile. A four door M3 there is not, this has four doors, family safety, and performance approaching and M3 or the much less reliable Audi S4. It certainly is a blast to drive, and handles very well. I didn't get an appreciation for the "vague, if video game like" steering that some "high performance" reviews have stated. This car is a great value for the money, even if the engine doesn't put out the horsepower thats advertised.

Awesommmme!!!
By KeyBlake on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

What a great car! I originally went looking for the C70 convertible, but when I saw this one on the showroom floor, I couldn't resist. Imagine: 4 doors to accommodate a family; 6 speed manual transmission; AWD, 300 HP, and great gas mileage to boot! I love this car.

Great performance, low mileage
By bnziskin on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love to drive this car. I went from a Honda S2000 to the Volvo and feel I have lost nothing in performance. The fun level has obviously decreased, but with a new baby daughter, the Honda was impractical.

Excellent Choice
By vroomman on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

All the waiting and debating ... It's finally mine The automatic is quick ... the sound system is amazing and the interior puts a smile on my face. I will recommend this car to anyone ... hats off to Volvo for creating such a dynamic vehicle at such a reasonable price.

Excellent Performance and Build Quality
By Leo - Rochester, MI on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've gotten the car for about a month and only can say I'm very happy with the performance and brinsky acceleration of the car. The engine is very strong and feels much bigger due to the high low end torque. No turbo lag experienced even when loaded in stop and go city driving. The powerful response at higher speeds is simply unmatched for sedans of its class. No torque steering and perfect handling at all conditions. Fuel mileage can hurt when driven at high performance mode. Marvelous brakes and tight feeling manual transmission.

My "Sheep in Wolf's Clothing"
By CHT on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

To date, no issues with the vehicle. Build quality is excellent, as well as performance. 4C is great. Sport and Advanced have very different qualities. Comfort vs. Sport is not as great a change. The car tracks as if on rails in high speed turns. The car is just pure fun to drive. Best part is I can take it out for some spirited driving, then haul the kids to soccer. It's stealth, but (in my opinion) looks much better than an S60AWD. For the money, you will have to spend $10-15K more to get something comparable from Audi, BMW or Benz.

This Is a VOLVO?
By Wolf021 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove many cars, including the automatic version of this car which completely lacks FUN of any sort as I knew before I drove it. However, I was locked onto the interior. What a pleasure! I made calls and wrote e- mails and behold someone backed out of their special order...6 Speed. Night and Day compared to the auto. And yes I drove the heck out of it before I purchased it. I put so many miles on it I had to buy it. I wasn't about to let this one go.

Volvo S60 R
By Jabrwkjer on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car.....balanced, fast, well built, safe