Used 2004 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

The Best Volvo Has To Offer
By R_Colavito

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is a joy to drive in all types of conditions. The AWD makes the car feel as if it's glued to the road. The low pressure turbo is very responvise in an extremely wide range of driving situations. The S60 is large enough to handle the "sedan" type tasks yet sporty enough to run with the best. Being one of the safest cars on the road the S60 provides one with a "feel safe" senation promted by the sturdy construction. All in all a real 10!!

Favorite Features

The turbo and the manner in which it is "there for you when you need it" from the moment you put your foot down until your hair stands on end as it winds up the tac.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more internal storage space please.

Very Surprised
By listen105

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Audi A4, Saab linear and aero, and BMW 325i models were the cars I was test driving as a potential second car (have 4x4 for winter conditions and needed cargo space). I drove '04 S60 turbo on a lark, and was completely not expecting the speed (have an old Volvo wagon turbo also -should not have been TOO surprised I guess) at such quiet acceleration. It was a complete surprise to drive - for under 30K US dollars, a true bargain.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet acceleration / simplified but functional very front cabin architecture / very comfortable seating / safety rating not met by BMW or Saab.

Suggested Improvements

Spartan cupholders in front - need an update for the Starbucks crowd / cell phone hook-up on steering wheel needed / exterior color options are limited

VOLVO S60
By DORWIN

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

GREAT LOW KEY SALES GROUP. PURCHASED BELOW DEALER INVOICE BECAUSE OF VOLVO INCENTIVES. SOLID ROAD READY CAR THAT ZIPS AROUND TOWN AND IS SOLID ON THE FREEWAY. STYLING WILL NOT BECOME DATED.

Favorite Features

8 WAY ADJUSTABLE SPORT SEAT COMFORT. VERY COMPLETE WITH INCLUDED CALIFORNIA PACKAGE. I FEEL SAFE IN THIS SMALL CAR AFTER DRIVING A FORD F350 CREW CAB DAILY. VOLVO IS OWNED BY FORD, I LIKE THAT BECAUSETHE FORD CAN SERVICE CAR IN AN EMERGENCY.

Suggested Improvements

NONE AT THIS TIME

Wonderful car!
By Hayley

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

When my sporty new Tiburon was totaled, I didn't even think of Volvo until a coworker suggested it. I checked it out and took the S60 for a test drive. Man was I surprised! What I thought would turn out to be a "grandma car" was not just extremely comfortable, but was fun and sporty to drive as well. Safety was definitely a factor in my purchase decision because of my recent accident and Volvo has all the bases covered. The interior is beautiful and everything is conveniently located. I decided to lease rather than buy and will definitely buy/lease another one in four years.

Favorite Features

The interior is beautiful (I have the beige leather.) The sunroof is large and opens almost all the way. Very, very smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change is the fact that you can not open your trunk while the car is running.

third S60
By Bob-a-loo

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm driving my third S60, the first one was total by a rear end collision, car hit me was doing over 100mph according to police...my car was totaled, but I was unhurt....My newest S seems to better on gas than before I average 25mpg overall driving. Comfortable front seats are my favorite feature...MY last S60 went 65000 miles without any repairs....great car

Favorite Features

comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

would love if xm or sirus radio was offered