2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
A fun ride, almost a sportscar !
By Jumpin_George on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I like the power of the 2.5T, but as Edmunds describes you have to deal with turbo lag. It is excellent in the snow and ice, the AWD system combined with a good set of snowtires allows me great control and feeling of security. Nice leather interior, decent sound system, well engineered features and looks great !

Love my Volvo ! ! !
By volvoguy on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I love this car and don't feel right driving anything else. The car has a very heavy feel to it very solid. The design of this car turn many heads and I constantly recieve comments on my car all the time. You have to have the sunroof when driving with the sunroof open I can still listen to the music perfect. I also have the Navigation system in which is very helpful for me being in a new city, when not in use it tucks away automatically in the dashboard itself for some reasons all my passengers are like WOW. Overall this car is absoluetly a winner ! ! ! ! !

best in class
By cjs on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I love this car. I drove pretty much everything in the class, BMW's, Nissans, the Passat, Infiniti G35 and I35. Each car and make has it's strong suit but I think Volvo has really created the best all-around car here. One cautionary note here, I leased mine sight unseen (another dealer's inventory) and really wish I had the 17 inch rims.

S60, Better than the 325i because.....
By gator1845 on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

As an Auto buyer, i was looking for something a bit snotty, but reasonable at the same time. I was impressed with the sportiness of the S60 2.5 T, the comfort and craftmanship. When i drove the BMW 325i, i was not as impressed. One of the reasons is that it lacks the power of the S-60, the BMW is nice mind you, it handles well, but the S-60 is very competent on the road as well, also the luxury features for the money are better. The safety features are bar none, you owe yourself at least a drive, if you are considering a 325i. I suggest getting the premium and sport package at minimum, it makes the car very fun.

happywithmyvolvo
By volvoforlife on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

very good value compared others with similar equipment, does not stand out in one area as much as this car just does everything very well. The exterior styling along with the value and safety component make it the best car in its class in my opinion.

Volvos60 AWD Impressed!
By Kym on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Haven't owned very long but have owned Many cars & Minivans & I have to say this is my FAVORITE!!! This car gets up and goes, and safety...well need I say more than it's a Volvo! Looks GREAT! Handles well in and out of snow, just A++++ Car!!!

volvo is hard to beat
By Stephen Dixon on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had 3 volvos,, they last, they are safe,, and now they are sporty and fast. This one turns heads. AWD is perfect in Colorado. A blend of a sporty car and a reliable sedan. I don't see anything else on the read that compares.

Excellent
By efaren monero on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Good performance and safe

First Volvo Purchase
By TEB on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle so far. A couple of vibrations that need attention, but fun to drive. Build quality/comfort is exceptional. Dealer experience was superior! Interior choice of materials and leather were good. Car feels luxurious and sporty at the same time. Sport package w/ driving lights and premium package was a good choice.

Sound Investment
By Loadmaster on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is the fourth Volvo my wife and I have owned. There have been two S70's and one V40. So far the S60 has been a sound investment. During the first weekend of driving, I put on approx 350 miles. Some of that was during a major snow storm following a New England Patriots game. The handling was very good during the storm. My wife and I have become true Volvo loyalists.