Used 2004 Volvo S60 R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (117 reviews )

Excellent buy!
By Dave_n_Ruth

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

What can we say, we love our car! We would recommend this car to anyone who loves to drive and demands quality.

Atacama leather, driver dials, performance, everything!!

Volvo needs to come out w/an option for 19 inch wheels.

Practically Fun!
By cade8

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Build quality is much better than the 01 model I had sold. The power feels great and the clutch is not as bad as I have read in the car magazines. The engine feels smooth to me up and the car is deceptively fast...was touching 100 while passing a row of trucks without realizing it. The ride in sport mode is also better than I expected. Had the opportunity to run with (blow by) a 330i with sport package...looking forward to the snow with all-season tires!

Smooth 6-speed, active suspension, 300HP/295TQ, exterior/interior styling (esp. the gauges), front seats, AWD, stereo system, decent gas mileage, Homelink & SAFETY(it's a Volvo!)

Back seat space is cramped, poor rear view with rear headrests up, needs headlight protectors (chips on the first outing) and the turning radius is wide for the country roads in our area.

Great daily driver for the enthusiast
By gpolitis

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Have really enjoyed the experience of owning this vehicle. Excellent power, no torque steer, AWD stability when pushed in corners, great sound system, etc. The overall "experience" has been excellent. I've put a lot more miles on this car than I expected.

Seat are VERY comfortable, and the interior is well laid out. Audio system. AWD. Engine is strong. Manual transmission is precise.

4C needs to be settled down some. Should be fixed for '05. Steering could be sharpened up. Got great HP, but we could always use more! :-)

2004 S60R AWD Manual
By Jackseth

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent AWD handling. 6speed shifts well. Launching car from stop is tricky, as the clutch engages at the top end and is very 'springy'. Minimal turbo lag. Lots of engine noise at high RPM. On the mountain roads, at speed, this car turns into a beast. Very fast, very agile. The upper limits of this car are beyond most drivers.

Interior \ exterior treatments. Seats, stereo, Acceleration, handling, braking, 3 driver modes that actually work! AWD

Clutch take up. Cup holders and center console. Pedal positions discourage 'heel toe' shifting

S60 R Review
By drapolas

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a performance sedan for quite some time, and decided to test drive the S60 R just as a joke. After driving it, and learning more about the amazing technology features on board, I couldn't stop talking about it. I usually prefer German and Japanese cars, and I test drove the BMW 330 xi, the Audi A4 3.0, the new S4, and the infiniti G35 coupe. It took me 6 months to finally convince myself that the S60 R was just a better overall package of performance and practicality. It just provide the best of all comfort, performance, fun with the best seats in the automotive industry. The engine is a marvel particularly with the 6 Speed Manual.

The 4C adaptive suspension is really effective, and enhances the dynamics, and handling of the car quite well. I really like the Navigation system, which provides an easy to use interface, and detailed directions. Not to mention the superb Stereo system with the in-dash CD changer.

I feel that it has a rather wide turning radius (42.7 ft) which makes it a little harder to maneuver in tight areas. Otherwise it is just an amazing performance machine.