2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews 8

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
The Best Volvo Has To Offer
By R_Colavito on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is a joy to drive in all types of conditions. The AWD makes the car feel as if it's glued to the road. The low pressure turbo is very responvise in an extremely wide range of driving situations. The S60 is large enough to handle the "sedan" type tasks yet sporty enough to run with the best. Being one of the safest cars on the road the S60 provides one with a "feel safe" senation promted by the sturdy construction. All in all a real 10!!

Very Surprised
By listen105 on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Audi A4, Saab linear and aero, and BMW 325i models were the cars I was test driving as a potential second car (have 4x4 for winter conditions and needed cargo space). I drove '04 S60 turbo on a lark, and was completely not expecting the speed (have an old Volvo wagon turbo also -should not have been TOO surprised I guess) at such quiet acceleration. It was a complete surprise to drive - for under 30K US dollars, a true bargain.

Practically Fun!
By cade8 on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Build quality is much better than the 01 model I had sold. The power feels great and the clutch is not as bad as I have read in the car magazines. The engine feels smooth to me up and the car is deceptively fast...was touching 100 while passing a row of trucks without realizing it. The ride in sport mode is also better than I expected. Had the opportunity to run with (blow by) a 330i with sport package...looking forward to the snow with all-season tires!

VOLVO S60
By DORWIN on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

GREAT LOW KEY SALES GROUP. PURCHASED BELOW DEALER INVOICE BECAUSE OF VOLVO INCENTIVES. SOLID ROAD READY CAR THAT ZIPS AROUND TOWN AND IS SOLID ON THE FREEWAY. STYLING WILL NOT BECOME DATED.

Great daily driver for the enthusiast
By gpolitis on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Have really enjoyed the experience of owning this vehicle. Excellent power, no torque steer, AWD stability when pushed in corners, great sound system, etc. The overall "experience" has been excellent. I've put a lot more miles on this car than I expected.

Wonderful car!
By Hayley on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

When my sporty new Tiburon was totaled, I didn't even think of Volvo until a coworker suggested it. I checked it out and took the S60 for a test drive. Man was I surprised! What I thought would turn out to be a "grandma car" was not just extremely comfortable, but was fun and sporty to drive as well. Safety was definitely a factor in my purchase decision because of my recent accident and Volvo has all the bases covered. The interior is beautiful and everything is conveniently located. I decided to lease rather than buy and will definitely buy/lease another one in four years.

third S60
By Bob-a-loo on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm driving my third S60, the first one was total by a rear end collision, car hit me was doing over 100mph according to police...my car was totaled, but I was unhurt....My newest S seems to better on gas than before I average 25mpg overall driving. Comfortable front seats are my favorite feature...MY last S60 went 65000 miles without any repairs....great car

So Far So good
By Bodiej13 on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car for my wife after she looked at BMW 3 series and MB 230. We've put about 5K miles on it so far with no problems at all to date. The only negative things I can say is the turning radius sucks and the suspension is a bit noisy on bumpy roads. Other than that no complaints. Didn't like the noisy 4 banger on the MB and it seemed smaller. The BMW was the most fun but with similar options would have been 5-8K more and everybody has one.

Sporty, Luxury Sedan
By Randy Tibbs on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is absolutely solid, very quick and responsive, with its 200 horsepower engine. I really like the AWD in the snow. I got every package/option possible and glad I did. The brakes are really firm and stops the vehicle quickly and evenly. I have owned Cadillacs, Lincolns, Land Rovers and Mercedes. None of them compare in quality, fit and finish. The first time I had the car washed, the attendant said, "this car looks hot, just standing still." This is a great car, but it is really for two people, or maybe two people and a grandson.

S60 T5 is great on highways
By volvo_md on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

We also considered competitors with manual tranny: BMW 330, Acura TSX, Saab 9-3 vector, Lexus IS300. Quite happy with s60t5's looks, acceleration, handling and stability at high speeds, and comfort. Main grouses: wide turning radius; a little ponderous at low speeds that affects driving in stop-and- go traffic. If we had valued driving dynamics above all else we would have gone for the 330. Otherwise, T5 is a good package of performance, handling, safety and ride quality.