Used 2004 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

First Luxury Car Purchase
By mjsa196

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The Volvo S60 2.5T is a joy to drive. The smooth transmission and comfortable seats make city and cross crountry driving a pleasure. There is enough pep when you need to get around someone or something with the handling to supplement it. Great car.

The front seats. I could sit in there for hours and not feel like being in a car.

Control panel on the dash board. It took a little bit to get used to them.

Update after 5 months
By Straightnochaser2

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I left my first review on 5/8/04, and my Volvo is going strong after 5 months. No problem whatsoever. My mother actually drives this car, and she really likes this car. So that makes me that much happier about my purchase of a Volvo. Such a cool name for a car by the way. I'm a big fan of Volvo. Great car with great value. I look forward to succeeding this car from my mother in three years, when I'll buy a bigger better safter more luxurious more expensive car for her. Volvo for life? I believe it!

Everything. I love the air vents for rear seats. One of the most beautiful mass production cars ever.

At this point, my only practical complaint is about the confined front passenger leg room due to the wide center consol. Need a compass.

Tom's review
By tfklem

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I like this car. It is very safe and drives very smooth and is very comfortable to sit in.

all wheel drive

get sirius satellite radio as option

Best Swedish car out there!
By s60smycar

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I absolutely love my new S60 T5! The seats are superb and the ergonomics are great. Plus, there's very few turbo lag!!!

looks, high-quality interior, industry-standard seats, Volvo reputation and brand cachet

better fuel economy from T5 engine

no regrets
By lung doc

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought the car for my wife. We had previously leased a 2001 volvo XC70 but wanted to downsize, as I drive a Honda Pilot (great vehicle). The dealer offered me the S60, black with sport and premium packages for 28 K (sticker was 35). I took it for a test drive and was impressed.

handling (except in parking lot), seductive exterior styling/lines, responsive engine. I highly recommend the sport and premium packages.

Volvo needs to adjust the speed sensitive handling for navigating in parking lot ... the turning radius stinks.