2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Could be better !
By myfirstvolvo on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The drive is definitely different from my last car a BMW to a Volvo. The sunroof was malfunction the day I got my Volvo. Luckily, the part was under warranty. Blew out an un-repairable tire after three weeks. Paid $150 excluded labor for a unique hard to find tire. The car consumed more gas than expected. I wonder what else might go wrong. I however like the redesigned Volvo that looks sporty and maintain its safety reputation.

From Mercedes to Volvo
By QualityFreak on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I went from a 2001 Mercedes C240 to the Volvo. The Volvo has much better acceleration and the ride is more sports-like (which is either good or bad depending on your taste.) The interior is gorgeous despite fewer luxury touches than the Merc. Build quality is excellent and the seats are the best I've tried. The "thunk factor" on doors and trunk lid give an impression of better quality than the Merc.

My Comfort Sport Car
By GAZ on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall a fine Sports sedan. Very comfortable drivers power seat, lots of room in front/great interior. Plenty of power ( must get the Turbo), to move on to highways safely, and pass when needed. Car looks sleek, and love the leather and the sunroof. I enjoy driving this car. With airbags and Antilock breaks--its a VolVo--I feel as safe as one can be in a Sports sedan

Enjoyable, but quality concerns
By porterj on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The dealer experience was only average at best, however I felt the S60 offered the best value. I also strongly preferred the European feel of this car to its Japanese made competition. Car is very well laid out, has a fantastic all wheel drive system.

Tire problems
By steveng on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have two major complaints. First of all I have had to replace two tires already. My theory is that since the tires are made to run flat in order to give the car a sleek look, this puts added pressure on the sidewall and this was where the holes were in my tires. Second, there are an excessive number of blind spots because of the stabilization bars.

Lovin my volvo
By QTKT on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is an excellent, fun, and safe car.

Great
By Volvos60 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car isnt for Volvo driving soccer moms. This car is for young teens and it drives like a dream!

Off to a good start
By kjessen on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I received my 2.5 turbo awd on Dec 15,2003. It was great timing with a good snow storm coming the next night. I went out at midnight to drive up and down the unplowed hills in this part of Wisconsin and was amazed at the cars ability to just go where I wanted it to go with out any real effort. I took a quick cruise to Detroit and back (averaging about 78 mph going along with flow of the crazy drivers around Chicago and across Michigan) It was extremely comfortable and secure feeling. It has taken me a little while to get used to the "turbo lag" in city street driving. So far (about 5000 miles) it has been totally without defect or problem.

Perfect car and beats every 325i match
By Expat-happy-with-T5 on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I ordered my Volvo in the summer of 2002 as an Expat living in London, England and had it delivered to my home in Seattle. It is a great car and the service I received direct from the factory was out standing. I wish I could say the same about the dealership in Seattle. I recommend this car to every one I meet. I am currently working in Japan and miss my T5.

Besides the back legroom, Excellent.....
By C. Rosina on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my Volvo S60 Turbo. It was definitely worth the little extra money for the turbo. The one and only complaint I have about this vehicle is the small amount of legroom in the back seat. Other than that, I highly recommend this car for anyone who wants a sporty luxury sedan at a reasonable price.