2004 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (117 reviews )
Great car to be seen in!
By Naseem Helms on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had more compliments on this car than any I have ever owned. I have the atacama leather with black exterior. What a combination! Every drive-through I am in, someone comments on my gorgeous interior. This car is so much fun to drive. It handles great.

Great
By T Endi on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

High performance and stealthy. This car fits the sweetspot for those who want the perfect mid-sized sports sedan and do not want to spend over $45K. Far more comfortable than the competition.

Vroom, vroom...
By vizwiz on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Fantastic ride. Nice supple comfort when I am driving the in-laws around in "Comfort" mode. Great family driver also, with all the safety/comfort features (my 5 year old keeps egging me on to go faster and swerve around corners :-). When the wife and kid are not in the car, it gives me 300HP and plenty of oomph to embarass all sorts of other cars out there.

Fast, Fun and Safe
By Jimk on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

In my humble opinion, the R excels in all four of my selection criteria: Style, Performance, comfort and safety. The relentless pull of the 300 horses, the amazing cornering of the active suspension and all wheel drive, the supple smell and feel of top quality leather and the bullet proof construction all make the R a real standout.

S60R Worthy opponet
By Barry N on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Having owned BMW's, Saabs, and driven the latest Audi A4s I must say that Volvo has come up with a worthy competitor in this lux sport sedan class. It offers decent handling with optional modes depending on your mood and has enough power to earn respect of the best. AWD is a great asset and overall the car offers great value for money to the enthusiast.

I love my car
By dewey on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my new volvo. It has alot of power and the interior is so comfortable. I love all the safety features on this car.

MY S60R
By icemansal on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The car has an excellent all around performance. Best of of, it is AWD, which in NJ when it snows means I do not have to park it and take another car. Even with the 18 inch high performance tires, it still grips in the snow. The car is an excellent value.

a/c noise
By lynvale on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

car seems to put a strain on the a/c.when ideling a/c tends to be very loud and seems to hesitate.

Best car for under $40k
By dbugbee on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

If you want the biggest bang for your buck, you can't go wrong with the S60R. It looks great, both inside and out, and is not as ubiquitous as the 3 series or A4 series. Plenty of power, handles great, and has the most comfortable seats in the industry.

Best of 4 Volvos I have owned.
By Roger A. Breunig on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Good body style. Very strong acceleration and braking performance. Snow tires very helpful in our northern climate (WI). 4000+ miles on car so far. Am getting some minor brake squeel from front brakes.