Used 2004 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

After 24,000 miles...
By GV3

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

...glad to report this is a great car. I purchased my 2.4 at the end of the 04 model year from my dealer's service fleet. In the two years I've owned it, it has been completely trouble free; the only $ I have spent is on oil changes. Front seat comfort is outstanding, although rear seating is a bit tight. Not a fast car in terms of 0-60 acceleration, but not slow, either; mid-range acceleration when passing or merging is quite good. Ergonomics are terrific. My other car is a BMW 3-series, which frankly is more fun to drive, but the Volvo's comfort is the choice of my wife and I for a longer trip. I traded a C-class for the Volvo, and feel we traded up in comfort and reliability.

Great front seats, decent trunk, sportier handling and mid-range speed than you might expect. Lots of features for the money. Reliability has been flawless. Volvo certified warranty. 33mpg on the highway on regular gas!

Wish it had a bit more rear seat room. Won't win any drag racing; if 0-60 is what you want, look for the turbo.

Disappointed
By M

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is nice looking and safe, but beyond that I have not been impressed. The turning radius is terrible, it takes about 5 turns to get out of a parking space. The automatic key lock has a prolonged delay, and I find myself waiting for my doors to open and lock. The car makes noises when you turn left, and the dealer said "thats just what this car does". Brake pads are not covered under the warranty and they needed to be replaced at 15,000 miles. Overall not impressed with the Volvo, and would not buy another.

Lives up to safety reputation.
By Kristi

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I loved this car from the moment I bought it. It drives smooth, fast and is gorgeous. I also recently experienced first hand how safe this car is. My husband and I walked away from a fairly serious accident, with only a bruise apiece. The front end was destroyed and still the doors opened just as easy as the first day I touched it. Unfortunately this car was totaled, but I'll be visiting my dealer very soon for a new one. I'll never buy anything else again.

2004 Volvo S60 -- Good Car
By outlaw704

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've put a little over 25000 miles on my White S60 since May '04. I am pleased. The exterior is excellent and the interior is very nice. My only negative would be the lack of legroom for back seat passengers. The ride is nice -- firm, but smooth. Positive steering feel and very responsive brakes. My gas mileage has been better than expected; about 27+ mpg average. Straight highway is around 32 - 33 mpg. This car is based in Texas; the air conditioning has no problem cooling the cabin quickly and comfortably. Generous, very large trunk. Mechanically, everything has been fine, so far... Fit and finish are excellent. I got $5000 off by waiting til the end of the model year.

Body style. Paint. Exterior fit and finish. I've kept up with the washing and waxing -- this car still looks fresh off the showroom floor.

If there was a way to exchange some of the generous trunk space to get more back seat legroom -- that would be an excellent improvement.

Dependable
By Ms Harris

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have never been so excited over the gas mileage until now. I never knew how important that was. Very, Very dependable, I have not had a single problem with this vehicle to this date.

Gas mileage and very fun to drive

Can be noisy during highway driving. and more leg space would help