2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
After one month
By Spirerock on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my T5 FWD since 05/01/04 and it's been everything that I expected. Road handling, fuel economy (31 road) and performance (love that turbo!) are outstanding. You need to get used to the bit of understeer that is purposefully built into the car. It makes for great road handling, but is initially a bit awkward when parking in close spaces.

Best AWD purchase
By flying uittos on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We test drove and researched many 2004 AWD sedans. BMW 325xi, great car/service but too pricey w/options. VW Passat GLX 4motion, no fold down rear seats (picky, I know, util you need them). Audi A4 3.0 quattro, too pricey w/options. Subaru Legacy 2.5GT/Outback, good value, proven AWD, but underpowered motor and nearly as much $$$ w/options as our Volvo. S60 was greatest value for the money especially w/family on the way. Equal to other German offerings but not as harsh on city streets. Uses same AWD system as Subaru. 28mpg! Very solid car, but quick on its feet...gotta love the Turbo! tip: Do your research & test drive on a rainy/snowy day.

Diamond in the Rough
By gator21 on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

When I told my friends that I was buying a Volvo, they laughed. Now they cry. This is without a doubt, the best European Sports Sedan, under $30,000. You don't know until you drive it. This car should not be purchased in AWD. It is not built for that it's built as a FWD rocket. You won't get the fun from the AWD.

COMPLETELY SATISFIED
By spooly10 on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

THE S60 IS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND MOORE. JUST WENT THROUGH THE WINTER SEASON SUBJECTED TO SNOW AND RAIN THE VEHICLE HANDLED GREAT IN THESE CONDITIONS.

From BMW to Volvo
By drhixson on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I went from a BMW 5 series and a BMW Z4 to the Volvo 2.5T. Let me just say wow. From 198HP in the BMW to 208HP on the Volvo, plus the turbocharger... It is a no brainer.

My scud missile
By arod on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love it! Now I know why they say Volvo for life.

The best car that I could find for ~$30k
By Straightnochaser on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

One of the smartest buys in my life. I bought it for my mother that I respect and love so much. I searched & researched hard for the best car available in terms of style, performance, safety, luxury and build reputation. Volvo IS it, my friend, and there is no doubt about it. Look forward many years to see what Volvo is really made of.

Overseas delivery
By CWLars on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Picked the car up in Gothenberg 19 Jone 03 and begain driving around Sweeden. The car replaced a '94 Buick Regal SS and took a bit of getting use to. The cars breaks were shockingly good when a deer darted in front of an on comming car and then mine. And the handeling was surperb when a Semi wandered into my lane while rounding a blind curv. The Regal would have been in a shop. The S60 T2.5 AWD was on its way to be loaded onto a ship for its trip home.

SUV lover converted
By ManhattanJ on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am extremely happy with my 2004 S60 AWD. I have owned Jeep SUVs, with the comfy leather and such...I decided to convert to a car and test drove the Mercedes C320 4matic and BMW 330XI - I LOVED the Volvo. Also, you get more "bang" for your buck with the Volvo...This car is SOLID. Made the mercedes C320 feel like a piece of tin.

Absolutely Best Car Ever Owned
By Jamey1 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Anyone considering the BMW 3 series, a Mercedes C or E class or the Acura brand should do themselves a favor and test drive the Volvo S60 AWD. It truly is a safe and very comfortable car that will not disappoint. And, the famous Volvo seats are better than any car seat I've experienced.