2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
First Expensive Car ...
By John Sanfilippo on 09/23/05 18:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is very fun to drive. I do not use it as an everyday car so when I do drive it what a treat! The car is clean, smooth, and the sound system is very, very good. (I enjoy music and understand subtles others may not. Try listening to the Beatles "I Am the Eggman" the separation from the Dolby II Pro Logic is unbelievable. Or you Rush Fans listening to "Subdivision" -- you will be blown away.

Euro Fun without a Roundel
By SMack on 09/06/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We have owned a number of BMWs and like their balance and drivability. When we saw the high performance Volvo at a much more reasonable price than an M car, we had to try it. Car has great styling, raw power, sophisticated suspension and powerful brakes. The interior is very comfortable and the seats are simply the best. The car is stable and corners very flat. There is no real noticable turbo lag. The suspension is expectedly stiff, even on the "comfort" setting. Engine is not as smooth as some others but it comes across a bit as a hot rod. It is pretty thirsty when driving spiritedly (which you will want to do often). The S60R is a bargain and we have been very pleased.

s-60 R
By Bill on 08/23/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The Volvo s60 R is a very fast, safe , and reliable car. It has excellent control from the all wheel drive and has awesome interior features.

Bimmer to R - and very impressed
By Leejlb on 08/08/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my 540 in on a Volvo R and it's hard explain my enthusiasm. Sure, a Bimmer is performance - and Volvo stands for safety - until you drive it. Total performance all the time. Going for groceries has never been a faster trip and what a sleeper. One of the faster 4 door sedans on the road and the "R" emblem seems to disappear at a red light to the unsuspecting teenie racer with the lawn mower exhaust next to you... Great car so far - hope it's BMW reliable in the future... :))

2004 Volvo S60 -- Good Car
By outlaw704 on 07/23/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've put a little over 25000 miles on my White S60 since May '04. I am pleased. The exterior is excellent and the interior is very nice. My only negative would be the lack of legroom for back seat passengers. The ride is nice -- firm, but smooth. Positive steering feel and very responsive brakes. My gas mileage has been better than expected; about 27+ mpg average. Straight highway is around 32 - 33 mpg. This car is based in Texas; the air conditioning has no problem cooling the cabin quickly and comfortably. Generous, very large trunk. Mechanically, everything has been fine, so far... Fit and finish are excellent. I got $5000 off by waiting til the end of the model year.

Dependable
By Ms Harris on 05/17/05 21:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have never been so excited over the gas mileage until now. I never knew how important that was. Very, Very dependable, I have not had a single problem with this vehicle to this date.

Overall Impressions
By Ed Mytych on 03/24/05 15:37 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

First year of ownership was fantastic. No problems at all to report. At times the frequency of the automatic wipers seemed to be inappropriate for the conditions. Really enjoy the ride and handling!

First Luxury Car Purchase
By mjsa196 on 01/02/05 01:44 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The Volvo S60 2.5T is a joy to drive. The smooth transmission and comfortable seats make city and cross crountry driving a pleasure. There is enough pep when you need to get around someone or something with the handling to supplement it. Great car.

Fun for the Price!
By Doc_TCF on 12/29/04 15:58 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Tje 2004 Volvo S60R is my wife's car and I have trouble not taking her car in the morning instead of my Lincoln Aviator! I have so much fun driving the R, that I insist on driving when my wife and I travel together. It has great acceleration with only a slight turbo lag at the start, but really starts to move in 2nd/3rd gear. The front seats are the most comfortable Ive been in. And as a young professional couple with a baby on the way, I feel great about having such a safe car as well. The AWD is also a bonus in the rainy NW. Volvo has better customer service than BMW. Only complaints are a recurring theme here: poor turning radius and the wheels scratch easliy.

Still Thrillen
By DwBMan on 12/01/04 13:12 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I really fell in love with this car on my first test drive. Good power and quality for a decent price. I have never had a problem with squeeky brakes. For those who have the six speed, I would suggest using your downshift to brake your speed. Many who are not used to a stick often crystalize the brakes and the rotors by using them too much. Don't be afraid to rev this engine on the downshift - it is half the fun of a performance car.