2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Love Car, No So Dealer
By MAE on 08/03/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I adore this car, it's comfortable and sporty and I got all the bells & whistles under dealer invoice because I bought a fleet model off the floor. My only complaint is my "sneaky" dealership in Summit NJ and added fee for the extended warranty which I thought was included w/a certified pre- owned. I didn't catch it until too late - anyone else have this experience???

Its a Nice car But
By Omajacks on 06/18/06 20:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I Purchased my S60R in Jan 05. I bought it for the safety, Comfort and Looks. However I have had a few Problems with it like the breaks (when they really get wet they let you and anybody with in 1 city block know it from the screaching it makes, Volvo has looked at multiple times and has yet to fix it.), Turning radius (if I had test driven this car better like in a parking lot I wouldn't have bought it it turns like a semi.) and the front bumper (Don't touch any parking bumpers with both your front tires, I've done it twice and both times when backing out it has pulled off my bumper and stretched out the bottom of my bumper. ie. a 900 dollar replacement job). Other then that not bad.

fantastic
By Chavez on 06/07/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The car is fantastic. Has pretty much every option I wanted, but about $3,000- $7,000 less than similar category cars. Also, I have 50,000 more miles of Volvo certified warranty...

After 24,000 miles...
By GV3 on 05/18/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

...glad to report this is a great car. I purchased my 2.4 at the end of the 04 model year from my dealer's service fleet. In the two years I've owned it, it has been completely trouble free; the only $ I have spent is on oil changes. Front seat comfort is outstanding, although rear seating is a bit tight. Not a fast car in terms of 0-60 acceleration, but not slow, either; mid-range acceleration when passing or merging is quite good. Ergonomics are terrific. My other car is a BMW 3-series, which frankly is more fun to drive, but the Volvo's comfort is the choice of my wife and I for a longer trip. I traded a C-class for the Volvo, and feel we traded up in comfort and reliability.

Disappointed
By M on 03/06/06 18:44 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is nice looking and safe, but beyond that I have not been impressed. The turning radius is terrible, it takes about 5 turns to get out of a parking space. The automatic key lock has a prolonged delay, and I find myself waiting for my doors to open and lock. The car makes noises when you turn left, and the dealer said "thats just what this car does". Brake pads are not covered under the warranty and they needed to be replaced at 15,000 miles. Overall not impressed with the Volvo, and would not buy another.

Smooth Ride, but at what cost?
By Still ridin' on 03/01/06 03:37 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing. Definitely an eye turner. Great acceleration in top gear when pulling away from traffic or overtaking slower cars. I have a geartronic and I believe that it needs to be six gears and not five (Volvo corrects this with the latest models). The front seats are comfortable for taller people. There's a lack of storage space for things but otherwise not bad. I noticed fuel economy got better after approx 15K miles. Can somebody please do something about the turning radius and the wheels?

Is there a better sport sedan?
By jon heberling on 01/11/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

With IPD ECU and exhaust 335 hp. The Brembo brakes should be on all volvos, they would be a great selling point. Where can one find more comfortable seats? Performance is outrageous. The grip in snow and ice is quite assuring. Not being a racing driver I cannot address subtelties in steering, but I doubt that a BMW M3 or a $50,000 Mercedes could compare to this one. An Audi S4 weighs 300# more, so could not handle as well. A truly wonderful car this Volvo. The atacama leather too is unmatched by the competition.

Great All-Arounder
By Dan on 12/30/05 02:25 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I live in Germany and wanted something appropriate for the Autobahn and weather. My requirements were AWD and at least 300 hp, and safety was also a concern. I looked at and drove Audi, BMW and Mercedes. For the price range, there was nothing that compared to the Volvo S60R. An absolute blast to drive and comfortable. Crusing at 130 mph is effortless and very stable. With snow tires, it will drive through anything. Only gripe I have with it is the HORRIBLE turning radius....a real pain while in Europe.

fun
By Stu on 12/22/05 03:54 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The last two years of ownership were a joy. Great power, excellent design and workmenship similar to Japanese products.

Lives up to safety reputation.
By Kristi on 11/26/05 14:46 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I loved this car from the moment I bought it. It drives smooth, fast and is gorgeous. I also recently experienced first hand how safe this car is. My husband and I walked away from a fairly serious accident, with only a bruise apiece. The front end was destroyed and still the doors opened just as easy as the first day I touched it. Unfortunately this car was totaled, but I'll be visiting my dealer very soon for a new one. I'll never buy anything else again.