Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 245 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

anticipate high cost of ownership
By John

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am at 85K miles now. Repairs to date: all valves replaced, power steering pump replaced, multiple hoses replaced; etc. Far higher cost of ownership than prior cars; S60 was supposed to be a field proven model. I can't tell if my dealership is exploiting me or if the car is just built to fall apart. My other vehicle, a 97 Honda Civic, is bombproof - no major repairs, >> 100K miles. I will not buy another Volvo; for the price and maintenance, the math is not compelling.

Comfortable seats; good for long distance driving.

Next time, build for reliability.

better alternatives
By not for me

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had this car for about 2 and a half years and am looking forward to getting rid of it. I traded in an f 150 for this car because of gas mileage and I still wanted 4wd. I've spent over 6k in repairs, keeping the truck was a better idea. It looks good on the outside, but with new tires and awd winters are still difficult. Gas mileage is good but too many awkward things. When I turn left it makes an odd noise, but drives fine. The carpet inside has torn in odd places. If I use the cd/cassette player the drivers side speakers don't work. I cant warm my car up without being in it because you cant lock the doors with the other keyless remove with the car running. I wont be buying another

heated seats, moonroof

honestly, outside of the good features, start over. fix the problems, create more room and more comfortable seats, better turn radius, and make the car reliable.

Sweet
By ATY

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car and plan to keep for at least 10 years or more since I only put 10K miles per year on the car. Besides $ for oil changes, I purchased a new set of TSW rims that are powdered gray against the white car. I do have a recurring problem where the computer loses it program and the dealer has to download a new one, on three different occasions. Also, the turning radius is pathetic and the tires grind when turning too hard. But, it gets great MPG and drives like a dream. Also in the past 4 years I probably replaced 5 tail light bulbs?

Well built, like the tight sound when you shut the doors. Extremely safe! Large trunk. Comfortable leather seats. Next time I would like to buy an S80.

Fix turning radius. I like the looks of 2004 S60 tail lights the best.

Still Great After 75 Thousand Miles
By KPboy

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I got this S60 hoping it would be reliable, and it hasn't let me down. Year after year it has been problem free. After almost 6 full years of service, it has been the best car I have ever owned. I even live in a mountainous region with constant hill driving and braking, and the S60 manages quite nicely. The only money I have spent on this car since purchase has been for the regular maintenance intervals. If you are looking for something rock solid when it comes to safety and reliability, then this one is the absolute best. I would know, ive had 2 benzes, a BMW and an Audi. This one impresses me more than any of those.

Nice large trunk, Rock-Solid reliability, Nice Audio System Performance, Comfortable and Supportive Seats, Convenient Coat hook on headrest, Firm and precise steering.

Rear legroom is lacking, quicker 2.4 engine, inclusion of station preset buttons, improved center console layout, ability to open trunk while the engine is running.

Trouble in Volvoland
By Clyde Beck

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

In may of 2004 my Fiancée and I traveled to Sweden to pick up my new S60. It was a wonderful experience and most of it was paid for by Volvo. I'm in to my forth year now and early last year I had an issue that never got resolved. While driving one day my side view mirror glass began to wobble. I quickly pushed on it and that prevented it from falling off. Five days latter while making a left hand turn my passenger side view glass mirror fell of and crashed to the ground. I contacted my Volvo dealer where I had been taking my car for service for four years and they replaced the mirrors and charged me. I thought that wasn't right because it had to be a manufacturing defect.

Sound system,great passing power and handling and great milage.

Center console is garbage the color is coming off from very little contact.