Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

R does stand for Race
By duner

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We had a C70 crap! S60R is a much nicer more modern vehicle. Ride and performance is great. Brakes are Brembo fabulous but they always squeal, always! Turning Radu=ius is very poor. Car sticks like glue and scoots when you squeeze it. 5 speed auto is nice,manual function in up shifting has to much hesitation. audio system sounds really nice but very hard to operate and display is barely readable in sunlight. lights are great as well.

Favorite Features

Styling and Sapphire Black paint, Braking and handling. Push button performance Interior feel and comfort Engine smoothness and performance

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius needs improving. Audio system needs simplification of functions and tuning to station. Radio display super hard to read in day light

No room in backseat
By kmkoenke

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

No room in the backseat

My scud missile
By arod

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love it! Now I know why they say Volvo for life.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

More Power.

The best car that I could find for ~$30k
By Straightnochaser

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

One of the smartest buys in my life. I bought it for my mother that I respect and love so much. I searched & researched hard for the best car available in terms of style, performance, safety, luxury and build reputation. Volvo IS it, my friend, and there is no doubt about it. Look forward many years to see what Volvo is really made of.

Favorite Features

Great sleek yet classy looks. Good performance. Hefty safety features. Many neat luxury features like one- button folding rear head rests. Convenient DVD manual. Unexpectedly pleasant dealership experience.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room in the rear seat. Fullsize spare tire. Compass. Rear wheel drive and Short-throw manual transmission option for true sport sedan experience.

Overseas delivery
By CWLars

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Picked the car up in Gothenberg 19 Jone 03 and begain driving around Sweeden. The car replaced a '94 Buick Regal SS and took a bit of getting use to. The cars breaks were shockingly good when a deer darted in front of an on comming car and then mine. And the handeling was surperb when a Semi wandered into my lane while rounding a blind curv. The Regal would have been in a shop. The S60 T2.5 AWD was on its way to be loaded onto a ship for its trip home.

Favorite Features

Styling is great. Fit and finish -- flawless. Handling, acceleration and mileage during highway crusing -- 30+. Seats are comfortable providing secure support.

Suggested Improvements

Add cargo net as standard feature. It maks a world of difference in locating groceries after enjoying the ride.