2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Very Nice Car
By Bruce W.

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have driven my 2004 s60 2.5T for just over a month and I really like this car. I have not had any problems with the S60 and I am very happy with the soild fell I get while driving the car. I traded a 1998 S70 and it did ride as smoothly , nor did it have as much power and firm handling. I only have a 1 year old who rides in the back in a car seat, so the lack of rear leg room won't be a problem for years to come.

Favorite Features

Memory seats, 17in wheels, turbo power

Suggested Improvements

More room in the back seat, better gas millage

DON
By none123

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The second day I owned the car I got stuck! Volvo has still not found the problem (2 months later). Certainly, things like car trouble will happen. But the truly concerning issue is the TERRIBLE customer service I have received from the dealership. (Another interesting defect I found was that the interior lights dim when the hazard warning lights flash...good luck looking at map while you are stopped by the side of the road.) My advice...don't make the same mistake I made. Spend a little more and buy a Mercedes.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Fix the numerous electrical problems; improve reliability; improve structural design to improve crash test scores

An Outstanding Experience
By Chicklett

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am driving a premium pkg. option dark blue, black leather interior. It is a fabulous ride, my first volvo and I am hooked ! The car is extremely fun to drive with a lot of zip. The turbo engine option was a good choice for me. This is Not a family car unless you have babies. The back seat is very cramped especiaklly if there are two regular sized adults sitting in the front. The wagon would be a better option. The sound system is superb and I am very impressed with the resale values.

Favorite Features

Incredibly comfortable front seats, fantastic zippy ride and Outstanding sound system.

The Best Car I've Ever Driven!
By SwedeSpeederR

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is honestly the funnest car that I have ever been in. Volvo has finally made a sports sedan that can easily beat the stuffing out of any BMW 3 or 5 series along with an Audi A-4 or A-6 with caonsiderable rivalry with a Mercedes E55 AMG. The Volvo S60 R is hands-down the greatest sports sedan ever!

Favorite Features

Exterior Siding, minimal spoiler, dash layout, navigation system, Xenon headlights, seat comfort and durablity, etc.

Suggested Improvements

None whatsoever

Beyond my expectations for an Automobile
By Michael Reeves

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just picked it up last night. All I can say is Wow! Its a great car. it has all the power I desire in a sedan, and is so smooth. And the leather sport seats are so comfortable. And did I mention how nice it looks. I love that fact that it doesn't look like all of the other sedans out there and has its own original styling.

Favorite Features

Those Xenon headlamps are so bright, I love them. The rain sensor feature is great too. And the geartronix trans works great in the mountains. I love all of the features.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time...

More fun than I expected...
By AMD

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After many weeks of test driving cars, I finally returned to my favorite Vovlo dealership to test drive a 2004 S60. As a former S40 owner, I was quite skeptical, since I had some mechanical issues with the car and the scheduled maintenance was expensive. I was trying to decide between the Volvo S60, the Audi A4, the new Acura TSX and a 2002 BMW 325i. I had tested the 2003 S60 and found it to be a little sluggish, but the 2004 was much peppier. I also like the small changes to the interior and, of course, the free scheduled maintenance. It's a fun, safe, solid car. Also, after wrangling with the dealership, I bought mine for just under invoice....

Favorite Features

Turbo engine, very comfortable seats and rear headrests that pop down so you can see at the touch of a button.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are oddly placed and there is not enough storage space for CDs, my cell phone and other everyday stuff. The key is bulky, feels a little wobbly because it retracts and requires a special key ring.

Swede Speed
By Bullit

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

An awsome performer, that could take the likes of BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. Although not quite as refined as the above makes, it's definately unique and could give a run for the money. Best Volvo ever built

Favorite Features

300 horses! AWD and FINALLY a Volvo with a 6 speed manual! Really cool cauges and rims. Nice sound system

Suggested Improvements

should be able to turn off lights, car is a little small in the backseat.

performance and safety
By family man

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

best of both worlds . there is the safety factor with having kids. then there is perfomance factor that i still long for

Favorite Features

adjustable ride settings

Finally Here!
By Arthur

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I ordered this car 4 months ago after researching it for well over a year. The car was well worth the wait. It's early in the game for me(only 200 miles) so I will not carry on too much until we get a few thousand miles on the road. But initial impression is 10+. Got the T- Gray, w/ Black(looks more like Blue) leather, Premium pack, on call plus, 18" wheels, 6 sp, etc. The phone is great and the tunes sound great as well. The cup holders are not in the right place for a manual, maybe ok for Auto, and that's my only complaint. Overall I'm very pleased and excited about the ride and performance of this Volvo.

Favorite Features

Performance!

Suggested Improvements

LED on most buttons are very hard to read during the day.

Volve S60 2.5T
By JerryJ

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just moved from a Saab convertible and into a four door sedan S60 2.5T. Being in real estate, the car is just the right size for me and so far I'm enjoying this car more than I thought I would. I agree with one other post, there needs to be an inside trunk latch and the standard stereo could have a better quality sound to it. If Volvo is going to build in the middle speaker for the Bose system, then install it from the factory... I think most people would pay for it. My car is silver with sand leather... a beautiful combination and a real head- turner. The bi-xenon headlamps are very cool too!

Favorite Features

Styling, color combination, acceleration, ease of drive and the air conditioning is great for Texas heat.

Suggested Improvements

For me, at 6feet tall, the slant of the stereo read out is difficult to read during daytime hours. Would like an inside trunk release latch. The overall key function is somewhat cumbersome.