2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
An Outstanding Experience
By Chicklett on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am driving a premium pkg. option dark blue, black leather interior. It is a fabulous ride, my first volvo and I am hooked ! The car is extremely fun to drive with a lot of zip. The turbo engine option was a good choice for me. This is Not a family car unless you have babies. The back seat is very cramped especiaklly if there are two regular sized adults sitting in the front. The wagon would be a better option. The sound system is superb and I am very impressed with the resale values.

The Best Car I've Ever Driven!
By SwedeSpeederR on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is honestly the funnest car that I have ever been in. Volvo has finally made a sports sedan that can easily beat the stuffing out of any BMW 3 or 5 series along with an Audi A-4 or A-6 with caonsiderable rivalry with a Mercedes E55 AMG. The Volvo S60 R is hands-down the greatest sports sedan ever!

Beyond my expectations for an Automobile
By Michael Reeves on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just picked it up last night. All I can say is Wow! Its a great car. it has all the power I desire in a sedan, and is so smooth. And the leather sport seats are so comfortable. And did I mention how nice it looks. I love that fact that it doesn't look like all of the other sedans out there and has its own original styling.

More fun than I expected...
By AMD on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After many weeks of test driving cars, I finally returned to my favorite Vovlo dealership to test drive a 2004 S60. As a former S40 owner, I was quite skeptical, since I had some mechanical issues with the car and the scheduled maintenance was expensive. I was trying to decide between the Volvo S60, the Audi A4, the new Acura TSX and a 2002 BMW 325i. I had tested the 2003 S60 and found it to be a little sluggish, but the 2004 was much peppier. I also like the small changes to the interior and, of course, the free scheduled maintenance. It's a fun, safe, solid car. Also, after wrangling with the dealership, I bought mine for just under invoice....

Swede Speed
By Bullit on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

An awsome performer, that could take the likes of BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. Although not quite as refined as the above makes, it's definately unique and could give a run for the money. Best Volvo ever built

Finally Here!
By Arthur on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I ordered this car 4 months ago after researching it for well over a year. The car was well worth the wait. It's early in the game for me(only 200 miles) so I will not carry on too much until we get a few thousand miles on the road. But initial impression is 10+. Got the T- Gray, w/ Black(looks more like Blue) leather, Premium pack, on call plus, 18" wheels, 6 sp, etc. The phone is great and the tunes sound great as well. The cup holders are not in the right place for a manual, maybe ok for Auto, and that's my only complaint. Overall I'm very pleased and excited about the ride and performance of this Volvo.

performance and safety
By family man on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

best of both worlds . there is the safety factor with having kids. then there is perfomance factor that i still long for

Volve S60 2.5T
By JerryJ on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just moved from a Saab convertible and into a four door sedan S60 2.5T. Being in real estate, the car is just the right size for me and so far I'm enjoying this car more than I thought I would. I agree with one other post, there needs to be an inside trunk latch and the standard stereo could have a better quality sound to it. If Volvo is going to build in the middle speaker for the Bose system, then install it from the factory... I think most people would pay for it. My car is silver with sand leather... a beautiful combination and a real head- turner. The bi-xenon headlamps are very cool too!

Volvo: True to its Mission
By mickeyalso on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Volvo has produced an excellent car in the S60 T5. It has performance, reliability, looks, safety, and value in a European sedan. Furthermore, our dealer treats us like royalty when we come in for service. We have had various other luxury makes (including a BMW M3) and they do not compare to our Volvo experience. Still I do love our 2002 Z06.

This car is a sleeper
By Ryeman on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am so glad we looked at the S60 when evaluating our car choices. I really did like the Infiniti G35, which has all the rave reviews, but after driving this car for a while, I don't think I gave up anything for the Volvo. With the huge factory incentives they were offering, it was too hard to pass up and I'm glad I didn't. There will be plenty of G35's crusing around town, but I save a few grand and got a car that is a bit more distinctive. I think the car is a sleeper in the marketplace.