Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

This is Volvo's M-Series
By dropthatpuck

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove and evaluated the new M3 and 535I compared with the Volvo S60R. The R has better lines and exterior design than the BMW and the standard power, although turbocharged, gives you the torque and power you need to satisfy even the most discerning motorhead, particularly with the standard 6- speed. Turbo lag is nearly non- existent and even when cruising along at 70-80mph+ in 6th gear, pressing the accelerator will push your head back into the seat. Volvo solid throughout, great interior (upgrade for Atacama leather is outrageously expensive - and it looks like a new baseball glove for $1,800). Incredible braking power.

Ext. design; metalic paint, 18" R type wheels/brakes; 60/40 rear seat with both sides folding into cabin for additional room (w/ ski pass-through); auto up power windows; entire drivetrain including best AWD system I've driven yet; suspension mode feature (partic. adv. mode!).

Inc. ht. of grnd. effects (air dam);Inc. ht. of splr. on trunk to wash under it;Inc. the ht. of the strg. column or let me lower the seat more so my legs are not touching the wheel;prem. sound is lame;Nd. seat heat auto-off;Nd. compass on the RV mirror and put the O.S. temp up there.

Diamond in the Rough
By gator21

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

When I told my friends that I was buying a Volvo, they laughed. Now they cry. This is without a doubt, the best European Sports Sedan, under $30,000. You don't know until you drive it. This car should not be purchased in AWD. It is not built for that it's built as a FWD rocket. You won't get the fun from the AWD.

The engine/performance. I drove a Maxima and there is NO comparison and you think there is, YOU ARE CRAZY. This puppy moves......

The suspension should be tighter and every Turbo model should have a Auto- Stick or at least the same shifter. Don't like the missing shifter bag.

Truly a great automobile
By A's Fan

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle has the looks, the performance and is resaonably priced. When it is in the Turbo mode, this vehicle runs like a scalded ape. If ever there was a wolf in shepps clothing, this is it.

The Geartronic 5 Speed automatic Transmission.

Maybe more interior room

COMPLETELY SATISFIED
By spooly10

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

THE S60 IS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND MOORE. JUST WENT THROUGH THE WINTER SEASON SUBJECTED TO SNOW AND RAIN THE VEHICLE HANDLED GREAT IN THESE CONDITIONS.

CLIMATE CONTROL IN PARTICULAR "DEFROSTERS".

From BMW to Volvo
By drhixson

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I went from a BMW 5 series and a BMW Z4 to the Volvo 2.5T. Let me just say wow. From 198HP in the BMW to 208HP on the Volvo, plus the turbocharger... It is a no brainer.

The best thing I can say about the car is the confort of the seats.

The only thing I would like to see added, is a litte more legroom in the back, auto dimming mirrors, and thats about it