2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Fantastic car!
By Julia S. on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Ok, so I've had the car for less than a week. I absolutely love it. The 2.5T S60 2004 has incredible styling, power, and luxury. I've never owned a Volvo, but between the super experience at the dealer and the car itself, I'll be buying Volvos for a long, long time. It's a luxury car without the high price. I was torn between the S60 and a Honda Accord. No contest. The S60 is better built, drives better, and it's not what everyone else is driving! Yet.

First Volvo
By rooster94 on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just bought our First Volvo. got 4350 off MSRP of 33500...maybe could have done better, but seemed like a lot of car for under 30k. We are very pleased with the dealer, price, and performance of the car.

S60
By Stuliny on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great car, easy to drive and even the 2.4 has some pep to it. Quiet ride and ROOMY and a pretty decent stock stereo (which was a nice surprise) nice alternative to the other sport sedans out there....bmw overpriced and audi just too small of a cabin

2004 Volvo S60 - A Vehicle with Class
By CLASI LADY on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

So far, this vehicle is not only comfortable, the ride is so smooth, you do not even feel the road. The sound system quality has greatly improved and the standard options add a great deal of value to not only the vehicle but to your insurance premium. The relocation of the mirror switches is a God send. The look and feel of the vehicle whether admiring it while parked or while driving in it, shows a great deal of class. This has been one of the best vehicle purchases I have made so far.

very good
By mobada on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I love the car over my 2000S40. Bigger, more responsive, roomier,luxurious. Car key is too big and keeps falling off key chain. Should go back to key and separate piece for alarm, etc. Bose sound system would be nice but sound system is great. Needs trunk release that opens trunk.

My S-60
By LesLutz on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent Car that I highly recommend.

Excellent Alternative
By biscuit on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

If you want to consider a viable alternative to the BMW or Audi, you should look at the Volvo S60R. It is extremely quick, comfortable and well constructed. Its price point is better than its competitors. Overall, there is significant value in this car. There have been no problems or defects noted since we picked the car up in May.

The car your wife will let you have.
By Carlos Stevenson on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car was a Blast its 300+ hp engine refined handling and comfortable seats make it the best. But unfortunately it's styling is a little bland and i would have rather had a benz. For those of you who have wives and want a safe car while you want a fire breathing racer this is a good comprimise.

Very Nice Car
By Bruce W. on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have driven my 2004 s60 2.5T for just over a month and I really like this car. I have not had any problems with the S60 and I am very happy with the soild fell I get while driving the car. I traded a 1998 S70 and it did ride as smoothly , nor did it have as much power and firm handling. I only have a 1 year old who rides in the back in a car seat, so the lack of rear leg room won't be a problem for years to come.

DON
By none123 on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The second day I owned the car I got stuck! Volvo has still not found the problem (2 months later). Certainly, things like car trouble will happen. But the truly concerning issue is the TERRIBLE customer service I have received from the dealership. (Another interesting defect I found was that the interior lights dim when the hazard warning lights flash...good luck looking at map while you are stopped by the side of the road.) My advice...don't make the same mistake I made. Spend a little more and buy a Mercedes.