Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

S60 AWD is a great car
By amsr

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the first Volvo automobile that I've purchased and so far I am very pleased. I wanted a car with a nice blend of performance and luxury that also stood out over the others aesthetically. The S60 was my choice over other AWD sport sedans such as BMW, Audi, Infinity, and Volkswagen. The other choices are nice cars but their body style was too bland for my tastes except for the Infinity which was my second choice. I really like the overall look of my Volvo S60 with my favorite features included.

The AWD system. Great in Chicago rain and snow. Premium package. Best leather in its class. Sport package. Gotta have 17 inch wheels. Sport seats are very comfortable. Spoiler. Available as a Volvo accessory. 2.5T engine. My kids ask me to "put on the turbo" all the time.

Cup holders in an awkward spot. Better visibility when backing up. Spoiler should be an option and not an accessory.

From a Mercedes to a Volvo
By Chitoe

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I sold my 2000 E430 when I had to leave to goto China for work. When I came back to the states, I needed a car. I compared cars like Acura TL, TSX, Jaguar X-Type, C320 and count less others. I never considered buying a volvo until a nice salesman told me of the big rebates that they were offering. I got almost $7000 off the listed price of a brand new volvo. I can not find anything under $30k new that I can compare. The Acura TSX was the closes thing to compare with.

This car is sooo quiet on the freeway. The 30mpg on the hwy is amazing and the seats are amazing.

For a car that has a retail price over $30k. It should come standard dimming mirrors and homelink. The parts and labor for this car cost more then my last Mercedes!!

Had my S60R for 7 months and I love it!
By Iluv2raceit

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The car performs great, has all-wheel- drive (AWD), and luxury to boot, and all for under $38,000! I test drove the BMW 330XI and Audi S4; the S60R is the best deal. The Audi S4 is faster (it has a 40hp advantage), but for $10,000 more, I WILL PASS, THANK YOU. The S60Rs AWD system is superior to both the Audi's and BMW's. And, the S60R comes with the Active Chassis System (called 4C) which ontrols both the suspension and the throttle response. Neither Audi nor BMW has this option. So, the bottom line is this: The S60R has it all; luxury, sportiness, performance, and SAFETY.

Active Chassis System (4C), all-wheel- drive, 300hp engine, 6-speed manual, and high performance Brembo brake system.

1) Improve upon the turning radius; the achilles tendon of all Volvos, and 2) provide a turbo boost guage for all turbo powered vehicles. This allows for better diagnostics, allowing the driver to notice possible problems with the turbo system.

So far so good
By Rudy Klein

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

It is still very new but so far everything has beed fine. The Dealer has been great. So far very satisfied.

Good seating and nice interior.

turning radius should be shortened

Exceptional Performance Value
By strike eagle

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Volvo spent a lot of money developing this car and it shows. I looked at BMW M3 and Audi S4, they may be a few ticks faster than the Volvo but not by much and the Volvo is a lot less money and cheaper to insure This is my third Turbo engine car, first was a 78 Buick LeSabre V6 Turbo (165 Hp), then a 83 Ford Thunderbird 2.3l turbo(140 hp). Nothing like this one! Exceptional throttle response handling and driver comfort,

6 speed manual transmission-shifts are short and true, active suspension, Brembo Brakes, Pirelli Tires, AWD, driver and passenger seating, Xenon headlights, tasteful styling without "boy racer" add ons.

Clutch engages way to high off the floor, large turning radius, radio controls are a pain in the ass, same with the Navigation System