2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews 20

2004 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
volvo fan for life
By bpmba on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

i traded in a '98 s70 glt turbo for this s60 ... and i love it! i custom ordered it with premium & sport packages, dstc and bi-xenon headlights, so i had to wait a few months for its arrival. this car is **much** smaller than my s70 and that part's taken a little getting used to. but overall, i'm very pleased with its handling, performance and styling.

FM Problems
By drrjb on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this turbo for three months now and on the second day I noticed poor to no reception on the FM radio its been in the shop three times and goin in for #4 and still no fix...The people at the dealership have not been very understanding and basically deny the problem exists...The fourth time better fix it or else.....The turbo with the tiptronic is hard to power shift due to the turbo lag...the headlights are set to low..The AWD creates oversteer..The turning radius is horrible for this size car

I love this car!
By LoriSF on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I LOVE this car! It not only looks great but handles fantastically. The ride is smooth and the car stays hugged to the rode when going around turns. Volvo has made great design improvements with the very elegant exterior of this car. I hope they keep this style for a long time. The seats are extremely comfortable too.

Having it all
By Prof Chaos on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been waiting for a car like this for a long time. It is the most fun I have ever had driving. The speed and handling has far exceeded my expectations. I look forward to driving the car every day.

My new R
By Ramib1 on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is by far the best car I've ever driven - or own. I almost bought a G35, until I took the R for a test drive. I bought it on the spot. It's not only the amazing performance, but the complete package, including comfort, design, quality, and of course, safety. For a price of a BMW 330 you get a bigger, faster, better looking car, with performance only a tad below an M.

Awesome Car
By AvRick on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Just took delivery two days ago and I absolutely love this sedan. The fit and finish is next to perfect and it handles great. It's the quietest car I've ever driven and although it only has the 2.4, it is quick and nimble enough for this 50 year-old.

PURE, UNADULTERATED PERFOMANCE
By VRONA ! on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

WOW ! i drove this car in New York in April, one month before it was released in the USA. It was for the volvo perfomance driving school. Handling, speed, power, comfort, everything, just perfect ! if anyone wants to know anehtin bout it, im here ! just ask !

S60R Delivers!
By John2 on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The car has been a delight to drive. The handling is excellent, acceleration and torque are as advertised. Brakes offer amazingly short stopping distance. The interior is great, especially the really soft leather (I have the navy blue and I would highly recommend that color)and the seats are the typical Volvo--very comfortable. This car combines sportiness with practicality quite well.

Stay AWAY FORM THE AUTOMATIC
By bigmistake on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After break in I realized just what a total joke the S60R GT/Automatic was. DO yourself a favor and really drive this car prior to buying it. You will find early upshits kill all the performance and just as lousy downshifts limit how much fun, acceleration and control you can experieince with this joke of an 'R' car. The S60 T5 is faster by far as well as other cars in the Volvo line up. I won't even get into VOLVOS total reluctance to acknowledge a problem with the automatic...all they say is 'operating within specs'....yea maybe if it were builf to compete witha Honda accord...heck the honda will beat it in a drag race..I kid you not

S60 step up
By skm on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I previously leased a Volvo S40 and with the lease coming up, my husband found a private owner of an S60 who needed to sell because of a change in circumstances. We test drove the car and what a step up from the S40. Don't get me wrong, I loved the S40 but my kids quickly outgrew the backseat. The S60 has so much more leg room I am sure I will be keeping it for a long time. The drive is beautiful with a tight steering wheel smaller than I am used to but feels like a race car!