2004 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (117 reviews )
R U happy? You bet!
By zooommaan on 12/11/06 18:52 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

People have definitely hit on the high and low points. This car is Fast and Furious. It goes like a bat out of hell, stops on a dime and handles like a racehorse. It does all this in comfort and safety and looks good to boot! The stereo is awesome, it is always a pleasure to take this car out. However, I always feel like this car would rather be on an autobahn than tooling around town. I am watching the mileage dropping (on the trip computer) daily. It is not a great car to drive slowly, that's the bottom line.

Its a Nice car But
By Omajacks on 06/18/06 20:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I Purchased my S60R in Jan 05. I bought it for the safety, Comfort and Looks. However I have had a few Problems with it like the breaks (when they really get wet they let you and anybody with in 1 city block know it from the screaching it makes, Volvo has looked at multiple times and has yet to fix it.), Turning radius (if I had test driven this car better like in a parking lot I wouldn't have bought it it turns like a semi.) and the front bumper (Don't touch any parking bumpers with both your front tires, I've done it twice and both times when backing out it has pulled off my bumper and stretched out the bottom of my bumper. ie. a 900 dollar replacement job). Other then that not bad.

Smooth Ride, but at what cost?
By Still ridin' on 03/01/06 03:37 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing. Definitely an eye turner. Great acceleration in top gear when pulling away from traffic or overtaking slower cars. I have a geartronic and I believe that it needs to be six gears and not five (Volvo corrects this with the latest models). The front seats are comfortable for taller people. There's a lack of storage space for things but otherwise not bad. I noticed fuel economy got better after approx 15K miles. Can somebody please do something about the turning radius and the wheels?

Is there a better sport sedan?
By jon heberling on 01/11/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

With IPD ECU and exhaust 335 hp. The Brembo brakes should be on all volvos, they would be a great selling point. Where can one find more comfortable seats? Performance is outrageous. The grip in snow and ice is quite assuring. Not being a racing driver I cannot address subtelties in steering, but I doubt that a BMW M3 or a $50,000 Mercedes could compare to this one. An Audi S4 weighs 300# more, so could not handle as well. A truly wonderful car this Volvo. The atacama leather too is unmatched by the competition.

Great All-Arounder
By Dan on 12/30/05 02:25 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I live in Germany and wanted something appropriate for the Autobahn and weather. My requirements were AWD and at least 300 hp, and safety was also a concern. I looked at and drove Audi, BMW and Mercedes. For the price range, there was nothing that compared to the Volvo S60R. An absolute blast to drive and comfortable. Crusing at 130 mph is effortless and very stable. With snow tires, it will drive through anything. Only gripe I have with it is the HORRIBLE turning radius....a real pain while in Europe.

fun
By Stu on 12/22/05 03:54 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The last two years of ownership were a joy. Great power, excellent design and workmenship similar to Japanese products.

First Expensive Car ...
By John Sanfilippo on 09/23/05 18:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is very fun to drive. I do not use it as an everyday car so when I do drive it what a treat! The car is clean, smooth, and the sound system is very, very good. (I enjoy music and understand subtles others may not. Try listening to the Beatles "I Am the Eggman" the separation from the Dolby II Pro Logic is unbelievable. Or you Rush Fans listening to "Subdivision" -- you will be blown away.

Euro Fun without a Roundel
By SMack on 09/06/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We have owned a number of BMWs and like their balance and drivability. When we saw the high performance Volvo at a much more reasonable price than an M car, we had to try it. Car has great styling, raw power, sophisticated suspension and powerful brakes. The interior is very comfortable and the seats are simply the best. The car is stable and corners very flat. There is no real noticable turbo lag. The suspension is expectedly stiff, even on the "comfort" setting. Engine is not as smooth as some others but it comes across a bit as a hot rod. It is pretty thirsty when driving spiritedly (which you will want to do often). The S60R is a bargain and we have been very pleased.

s-60 R
By Bill on 08/23/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The Volvo s60 R is a very fast, safe , and reliable car. It has excellent control from the all wheel drive and has awesome interior features.

Bimmer to R - and very impressed
By Leejlb on 08/08/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my 540 in on a Volvo R and it's hard explain my enthusiasm. Sure, a Bimmer is performance - and Volvo stands for safety - until you drive it. Total performance all the time. Going for groceries has never been a faster trip and what a sleeper. One of the faster 4 door sedans on the road and the "R" emblem seems to disappear at a red light to the unsuspecting teenie racer with the lawn mower exhaust next to you... Great car so far - hope it's BMW reliable in the future... :))