Used 2004 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

From a Mercedes to a Volvo
By Chitoe

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I sold my 2000 E430 when I had to leave to goto China for work. When I came back to the states, I needed a car. I compared cars like Acura TL, TSX, Jaguar X-Type, C320 and count less others. I never considered buying a volvo until a nice salesman told me of the big rebates that they were offering. I got almost $7000 off the listed price of a brand new volvo. I can not find anything under $30k new that I can compare. The Acura TSX was the closes thing to compare with.

This car is sooo quiet on the freeway. The 30mpg on the hwy is amazing and the seats are amazing.

For a car that has a retail price over $30k. It should come standard dimming mirrors and homelink. The parts and labor for this car cost more then my last Mercedes!!

So far so good
By Rudy Klein

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

It is still very new but so far everything has beed fine. The Dealer has been great. So far very satisfied.

Good seating and nice interior.

turning radius should be shortened

After one month
By Spirerock

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my T5 FWD since 05/01/04 and it's been everything that I expected. Road handling, fuel economy (31 road) and performance (love that turbo!) are outstanding. You need to get used to the bit of understeer that is purposefully built into the car. It makes for great road handling, but is initially a bit awkward when parking in close spaces.

It is a graceful, confident feeling car to drive. It's styling sets it apart from other sports sedans.

6 CD Changer should be standard for the price. Cup holders need to be more realistically proportioned.

Best AWD purchase
By flying uittos

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We test drove and researched many 2004 AWD sedans. BMW 325xi, great car/service but too pricey w/options. VW Passat GLX 4motion, no fold down rear seats (picky, I know, util you need them). Audi A4 3.0 quattro, too pricey w/options. Subaru Legacy 2.5GT/Outback, good value, proven AWD, but underpowered motor and nearly as much $$$ w/options as our Volvo. S60 was greatest value for the money especially w/family on the way. Equal to other German offerings but not as harsh on city streets. Uses same AWD system as Subaru. 28mpg! Very solid car, but quick on its feet...gotta love the Turbo! tip: Do your research & test drive on a rainy/snowy day.

Seats!Absolute best out there!Smooth engine/tranny.Sport tuned suspension/no torque steer, tiny turbo lag.Quiet interior.Roomy: trunk,rr seats+frnt pass seat folds down,rear head rests fold down at touch of button,one touch windows/sunroof,dual climate controls.Did I mention the seats?

EVERY car needs more rear leg room.Just one more inch!I'm 6'1" so short trips (<2hours) are comfortable in back. Milage is 21/28 but 38 would be better!S60 needs better turning radius.Won't mention cup holder design=Volvo already changed it for O5'Overall awsome car!No regrets!

Diamond in the Rough
By gator21

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

When I told my friends that I was buying a Volvo, they laughed. Now they cry. This is without a doubt, the best European Sports Sedan, under $30,000. You don't know until you drive it. This car should not be purchased in AWD. It is not built for that it's built as a FWD rocket. You won't get the fun from the AWD.

The engine/performance. I drove a Maxima and there is NO comparison and you think there is, YOU ARE CRAZY. This puppy moves......

The suspension should be tighter and every Turbo model should have a Auto- Stick or at least the same shifter. Don't like the missing shifter bag.