Used 2004 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

S60 AWD is a great car
By amsr

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the first Volvo automobile that I've purchased and so far I am very pleased. I wanted a car with a nice blend of performance and luxury that also stood out over the others aesthetically. The S60 was my choice over other AWD sport sedans such as BMW, Audi, Infinity, and Volkswagen. The other choices are nice cars but their body style was too bland for my tastes except for the Infinity which was my second choice. I really like the overall look of my Volvo S60 with my favorite features included.

Favorite Features

The AWD system. Great in Chicago rain and snow. Premium package. Best leather in its class. Sport package. Gotta have 17 inch wheels. Sport seats are very comfortable. Spoiler. Available as a Volvo accessory. 2.5T engine. My kids ask me to "put on the turbo" all the time.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in an awkward spot. Better visibility when backing up. Spoiler should be an option and not an accessory.

So far so good
By Rudy Klein

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

It is still very new but so far everything has beed fine. The Dealer has been great. So far very satisfied.

Favorite Features

Good seating and nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

turning radius should be shortened

After one month
By Spirerock

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my T5 FWD since 05/01/04 and it's been everything that I expected. Road handling, fuel economy (31 road) and performance (love that turbo!) are outstanding. You need to get used to the bit of understeer that is purposefully built into the car. It makes for great road handling, but is initially a bit awkward when parking in close spaces.

Favorite Features

It is a graceful, confident feeling car to drive. It's styling sets it apart from other sports sedans.

Suggested Improvements

6 CD Changer should be standard for the price. Cup holders need to be more realistically proportioned.

Best AWD purchase
By flying uittos

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We test drove and researched many 2004 AWD sedans. BMW 325xi, great car/service but too pricey w/options. VW Passat GLX 4motion, no fold down rear seats (picky, I know, util you need them). Audi A4 3.0 quattro, too pricey w/options. Subaru Legacy 2.5GT/Outback, good value, proven AWD, but underpowered motor and nearly as much $$$ w/options as our Volvo. S60 was greatest value for the money especially w/family on the way. Equal to other German offerings but not as harsh on city streets. Uses same AWD system as Subaru. 28mpg! Very solid car, but quick on its feet...gotta love the Turbo! tip: Do your research & test drive on a rainy/snowy day.

Favorite Features

Seats!Absolute best out there!Smooth engine/tranny.Sport tuned suspension/no torque steer, tiny turbo lag.Quiet interior.Roomy: trunk,rr seats+frnt pass seat folds down,rear head rests fold down at touch of button,one touch windows/sunroof,dual climate controls.Did I mention the seats?

Suggested Improvements

EVERY car needs more rear leg room.Just one more inch!I'm 6'1" so short trips (<2hours) are comfortable in back. Milage is 21/28 but 38 would be better!S60 needs better turning radius.Won't mention cup holder design=Volvo already changed it for O5'Overall awsome car!No regrets!

Diamond in the Rough
By gator21

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

When I told my friends that I was buying a Volvo, they laughed. Now they cry. This is without a doubt, the best European Sports Sedan, under $30,000. You don't know until you drive it. This car should not be purchased in AWD. It is not built for that it's built as a FWD rocket. You won't get the fun from the AWD.

Favorite Features

The engine/performance. I drove a Maxima and there is NO comparison and you think there is, YOU ARE CRAZY. This puppy moves......

Suggested Improvements

The suspension should be tighter and every Turbo model should have a Auto- Stick or at least the same shifter. Don't like the missing shifter bag.